UCEED 2020 will be conducted by Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay under the guidance of UCEED Admissions committee. UCEED is a national level entrance test organized for admission into undergraduate design courses. Students securing the qualifying marks in the entrance exam will get admission into B.Des programme successfully. Admission will be offered to various participating institutions like IIT Bombay, IIITDM Jabalpur and IIT Guwahati on the basis of UCEED Scores. This test will be open to all Indian and Foreign national candidates. Through this article, we have provided complete details related to UCEED 2020.
UCEED 2020 Admission
Students successfully securing the qualifying marks will be selected in the merit list and will be eligible for further admission process. Admission list will be prepared by the board and published online.
Eligible candidates have to fill the admission form mentioning their choice of preferred institution. After this, seats will be allocated to the candidates in various institutions as per their ranks and choices filled.
Admissions to the Bachelor of Design (B. Des.) programmes at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati and IIITDM Jabalpur are done through the Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED). Students who have passed Class XII (or equivalent) in 2018 or appearing in 2019 in ANY STREAM (Science, Commerce, or Arts & Humanities), are eligible to appear for UCEED 2019.
Provides information related to UCEED 2019, and information related to the subsequent joint seat allocation for B. Des. admissions in the three Participating Institutes for the Academic Year 2019–2020.
UCEED 2019 will be conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, under the guidance of the UCEED-CEED Implementation Committee 2019. UCEED 2019 is open to all nationals (Indian/Foreign). Candidates seeking admission to the Bachelor Degree programme in Design (B. Des.) at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB), Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG) and Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur (IIITDMJ) must appear in UCEED 2019.
Candidates should note that the mere appearance in UCEED 2019 or being in the rank list neither guarantees nor provides any automatic entitlement to admission. UCEED qualified candidates will have to apply separately for B. Des admissions as per the prescribed procedure described in Part 2 of the Information Brochure. Admissions shall be made in order of merit in each category.
UCEED 2019 score is valid only for admission to the academic year 2019-2020. With regard to the interpretation of the provisions on any matter not covered in this Information Brochure, the decision of the Organizing Institute (IIT Bombay) shall be final and binding on all the parties concerned.
In all matters concerning UCEED 2019, the decision of the Organizing Institute or the Organizing Chairman, JEE(Advanced), UCEED & CEED 2019 will be final and binding on all the applicants.
Although UCEED 2019 is held at different centres across the country, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay is the Organizing Institute and has the overall responsibility of conducting UCEED 2019. In case of any claims or disputes arising in respect of UCEED 2019,it is hereby made absolutely clear that the Mumbai High Court alone shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to entertain and settle any such claims and disputes.
UCEED 2020 New Changes Introduced
- According to new changes introduced in year 2019, the application fee for SC/ST/PwD/Female candidates has increased from Rs.1180 to Rs.1200. For other candidates, fee has been increased from Rs.2360 to Rs.2400.
- Also, the number of exam centers has been increased from 20 to 24.
UCEED 2020 Important Dates
Check the expected UCEED 2020 Dates in the below given table for various events of the exam:
|Release of Online Application Form||2nd week of October 2019|
|Last date to submit the application||2nd week of November 2019|
|Last date to register with late fee||3rd week of November 2019|
|Availability of Admit card||1st week of January 2020|
|Last date to rectify discrepancies in the admit card||1st week of January 2020|
|UCEED 2020 Examination||3rd week of January 2020|
|Publication of Answer key||4th week of January 2020|
|Last date to send comments related to Answer Key||Last week of January 2020|
|Release of results & score card download||1st week of March 2020|
UCEED 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check the complete information of UCEED 2020 Application form below:
- UCEED 2020 Online Application Form will be released in the second week of October 2019.
- Complete registration and application process will be done through online mode.
- The Application process of UCEED 2020 will consists of various steps – Online registration, filling the application form, uploading necessary documents and payment of application fee.
- At the time of uploading process, candidates have to upload their photograph, signature, ST/SC/OBC-NCL certificate, PwD/DA certificate and qualifying exam certificates.
- Candidates can correct/modify details in the application form before the last date of submission.
- Last date to fill and submit the application is till second week of November 2019. However, students can also register for the exam till the third week of November 2019 by paying certain amount of late fee.
UCEED 2020 Applicants have to pay the below application fee through online mode:
Note: Candidates registering after the last registration date are required to pay late fee of Rs.500.
For Examination Centers in India:
|Indian nationals/OCI/PIO candidates||For ST/SC/PwD/Female candidates||Rs.1200|
|For All other candidates||Rs. 2400|
|Foreign Nationals||Students from SAARC countries||US$160|
|Students from Non-SAARC countries||US$300|
For Examination Centers in Dubai:
|Indian nationals/OCI/PIO candidates||All Indian Nationals||US$160|
|Foreign Nationals||Students from SAARC countries||US$160|
|Students from Non-SAARC countries||US$300|
UCEED 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form, candidates must go through the complete UCEED 2020 Eligibility criteria: A candidate, including a foreign national, must fulfil each and every one of the following three criteria to appear in UCEED 2020.
Criterion 1 – Age limit:
The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1994 if belonging to the OPEN or OBC-NCL category and on or after October 1, 1989 if belonging to the SC, ST or PwD category.
Criterion 2 – Number of attempts:
A candidate can attempt UCEED for a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years. Note that UCEED score is valid for one year, and only for admissions in the corresponding academic year.
Criterion 3 – Qualifying examination:
The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2019, OR appearing in 2020. Students from ALL STREAMS (Science, Commerce, and Arts &Humanities) are eligible.
Those who appeared for the first time in their qualifying examination in 2018 or earlier are
RESERVATION OF SEATS
Indian nationals belonging to certain categories are admitted under the seats reserved for them in accordance with the rules of the Government of India. The categories and the extent of reservation are as follows:
- Other Backward Classes belonging to the Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) – 27% of seats in the course. The name of the backward class should be in the current central list of OBCs (http://www.ncbc.nic.in). OBC-NCL certificates issued only from April 1, 2018 onwards are accepted.
- Candidates belonging to the creamy layer of OBC are NOT entitled for reservation. Such candidates are treated as belonging to the Open (i.e., unreserved) category.
- Scheduled Caste (SC) – 15% of seats in the course.
- Scheduled Tribe (ST) – 7.5% of seats in the course.
- The benefit of reservation will be given only to those castes and tribes that are mentioned in the respective central list of corresponding states published by the Government of India. (http://socialjustice.nic.in/sclist.php and http://tribal.nic.in/Content/list%20of%20Scheduled%20Tribes%20in%20India.aspx).
- The 5% reservation for Person with Disability (PwD) candidates is cycled over in a 4-year period, category-wise, as per rules pertaining to the admitting institute. If a PwD seat remains unfilled in a particular year, it will be reverted back to the category from which the PwD seat was assigned for that year.
- Candidates belonging to the OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD categories will be declared as qualified on the basis of a relaxed criterion [see 18. RANK LISTS].
- Unfilled seats in the OBC-NCL category can be allotted to OPEN category candidates whereas seats remaining vacant under the SC and ST categories shall NOT be allotted to candidates belonging to other categories.
- Leprosy-cured candidates who are otherwise fit to pursue the course are also included inPwD category.
- Candidates holding OCI/PIO cards are treated as belonging to the open (OPEN) category,and they will be eligible only for the seats for which everyone is eligible.
- Foreign nationals are outside the ambit of reservation of seats under the OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD categories as specified herein.
- The category chosen by a candidate at the time of application for UCEED 2019 will be final and requests for any change of category will NOT be entertained at a later date.
UCEED 2020 Exam Pattern
Check below the UCEED 2020 Exam Pattern, before starting your exam preparation:
- Exam Mode and Date: UCEED 2020 Exam will be organized in the third week of January 2020 in Online CBT
- Number of Sections: The exam paper will contain total of 3 sections.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain Numerical answer type questions in Section A, Multiple select questions in Section B and Multiple choice questions in Section C.
- Number of questions: There will be total of 80 questions in the question paper.
- Time Duration: The exam will be of 3 hours
- Language Medium: The question paper will be in English.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of total 300 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer in Section A and B, 4 marks will be awarded. In section C, 3 marks will be awarded for every correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
UCEED 2020 Syllabus
UCEED 2020 Syllabus will be released online for various topics – Visualization and Spatial ability, Environmental and social awareness, Observation and design sensitivity, Language and creativity, Analytical and logical reasoning and Design thinking and problem solving.
Detailed Syllabus for the topics is given below:
Visualization and spatial ability
Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test, understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
Environmental and social awareness
The topics in this section will be from Awareness of social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible, history of art, sculpture and literature.
General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, etc.
Observation and design sensitivity
In this section, candidate’s ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes will be seen.
Candidate’s ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, and thinking critically about them, people, situations, and events will be checked.
Analytical and Logical Reasoning
Candidate’s ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information will be checked.
Student’s ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question will be also seen.
Language and Creativity
Student’s ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box, ability to understand and use Standard English, reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar will seen in this section.
Design thinking and problem
In this section, ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols, ability to understand complexity, identify problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions will be checked, etc.
UCEED 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can take help of below preparation tips, to enhance their exam preparation:
- Review and understand the complete syllabus, exam & marking pattern.
- Prepare and follow a study routine dividing time for various coming subjects.
- Take online or offline mock tests to know your preparation standards.
- Solve sample papers or previous year papers to know the exam trend.
- Make short notes and note down all the important points in one place.
UCEED 2020 Admit Card
UCEED 2020 Admit Card will be published few days before the commencement of exams. It will be released in the first week of January 2020 by online mode. Students who have successfully submitted their application form will get admit card by entering their registered user id and password.
Along with the admit card, students have to carry their valid photo id proof for identity verification. Only after showing these documents, candidates will be allowed to enter the exam hall.
UCEED 2020 Answer Key
UCEED 2019 Answer Key will be released in the fourth week of January 2020. Candidates can also challenge the answer key in case any error is found in it. The comments/suggestions related to answer key can be sent by the students in the last week of January 2020.
After considering all the comments or suggestions, the UCEED committee will take final decision.
UCEED 2020 Result
After the completion of entrance exams, UCEED 2020 results will be released by online mode. To access the result, students are required to enter their email id and password.
The results will be available in the first week of March 2020. After release of results, merit list/rank list will be published releasing names of the qualified candidates.
UCEED 2020 Scorecard
With the release of results candidates will be able to download their UCEED 2020 Scorecard online. Students through scorecards will get to know various details like total marks, section-wise marks, category rank, etc.
No hard copy of the scorecard will be sent to the candidates under any circumstances.
UCEED 2020 Cut Off
UCEED 2020 Cut off will be released by board after the announcement of results. Students have to qualify the test with minimum cut off marks to be eligible to appear for counselling process.
The released cut off marks will vary for various category candidates. Cut off will be prepared based on various factors like number of seats available, number of candidates appearing for the test, total candidates passing the exam, difficulty level of paper.
UCEED 2020 Merit List
On the basis of ranks secured by the candidates, the board will release UCEED 2020 Merit List online. For admission of the candidates, students will be called as per their rank in the merit list.
In case tie arises between two or more candidates, tie will be solved by ranking higher the candidates scoring more marks in Section B. Still if the tie persists, candidates with more marks in Section A will be given priority. Again if the tie still arises, same rank will be given.
UCEED Coaching Centre: Best Uceed Entrance Exam 2020 Preparation Coaching Center in India
FAQS (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Question: What is UCEED?
- Answer: UCEED 2020 will be conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, under the guidance of the UCEED-CEED Implementation Committee 2020. UCEED 2019 is open to all nationals (Indian/Foreign). Candidates seeking admission to the Bachelor Degree programme in Design (B. Des.) at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB), Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG) and Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur (IIITDMJ) must appear in UCEED 2020.
- Question: Who are eligible for is UCEED-2020?
- Answer: The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2019, OR appearing in 2020. Students from ALL STREAMS (Science, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible.
- Question:When will the UCEED Application form release?
- Answer: Second week of October 2019. Easy 3 step you can download Ucced application from online.
- Question:What is the last date of application submission of UCEED?
- Answer:Second week of November 2019 is last date of submission of Uceed application form.
- Question: When will be the admit card of UCEED release? How can I download the admit card?
- Answer: You can download UCEED 2020 Admit card in the first week of January 2020 by online mode. You have entering your registration id and password.
- Question: When is the UCEED entrance test going to be organized and how?
- Answer: The entrance exam of UCEED 2020 will be organized in the third week of January 2020 in Online CBT mode.
- Question: How many attempts can I make in UCEED exam?
- Answer: You can attempt UCEED exam for maximum of two times in consecutive years.
- Question: Is there any age criteria to apply for UCEED?
- Answer: As per the age criteria, applying candidate of Open/OBC – NCL category must have been born on or after October 1, 1995. Candidates belonging to ST/SC/PwD category must have been born on or after October 1, 1990.
- Question:When will be the results of UCEED announced?
- Answer: The results of UCEED 2020 will be announced in the first week of March 2020.