Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED)
is the design entrance exam through which students get admission to the four year Bachelor of Design (BDes) programmes at IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIITDM Jabalpur.
UCEED Score Card is recognized by many institutes for admission to BDes programs. The list of result sharing institutes using UCEED score for admissions to BDes program is available on the official UCEED website.
UCEED Exam Dates 2024
|Online registration opens||October 03, 2023|
|Last date for Online Registration with regular fees||October 31, 2023|
|Last date for Online Registration with late fees||November 08, 2023|
|Admit card download||January 05, 2024|
|Last date for rectification of discrepancies in Admit card||January 11, 2024, 05:00 pm|
|Examination date||January 21, 2024 (Sunday)|
09:00 am to 12:00 noon
|Release of Draft Answer Key||January 23, 2024|
|Last date to upload comments (if any)|
on the Draft Answer Key in the candidate’s portal
|January 25, 2024, 05:00 pm|
|Release of Final Answer Key||January 31, 2024, 05:00 pm|
|Announcement of cut-off marks for Part-A||February 08, 2024|
|Result Declaration date||March 08, 2024|
|Date for Score card downloading||March 11, 2024|
|B.Design Programme Application process starts- Online Application form submission||March 14 to 31, 2024|
|Seat allotment round 1||April 10, 2024|
|Seat allotment round 2||May 10, 2024|
|Seat allotment round 3||June 10, 2024|
|Last Date to download scorecard||June 12, 2024|
UCEED Application & Registration Form 2024
Candidates should register for appearing for the UCEED. Registration can be done only online through the Registration Portal from www.uceed.iitb.ac.in
Only UCEED 2024 qualified students can apply for admission to the BDes programme at IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur for the academic year 2024-2025. There will be a common application form for admissions to respective BDes programmes. The UCEED Office, IIT Bombay will process the common application form and conduct the joint seat allocation process.
- The common application form will be available through the IIT Bombay Admissions Portal. Applicants will be able to fill in their personal particulars and select institutes of their choice by indicating the order of preference.
- The application can be submitted after paying the application processing fee, uploading digital copies of relevant supporting documents, and uploading the signed copy of the completed application form (first page only). Detailed instructions on each step of the application process are provided within the online application form.
Download UCEED Entrance Exam Question Papers with Answer Key
UCEED Pattern 2024
- There will be ONE question paper of total THREE hours duration.
- The question paper will be in English.
- The question paper will carry a total of 300 marks.
- The question paper will consist of two parts: Part-A and Part-B. It is compulsory to attempt questions from both the parts.
Details of the two parts of the question paper are given below:
Part-A – 2 hours)
- This part will be administered through a computer-based test.
- This part will consist of three sections.
Section 1: NAT (Numerical Answer Type): 14 questions (4 marks each; no negative marks).
For these questions, the answer is a number that needs to be entered using a virtual keyboard on the computer screen. No choices will be shown for these questions.
Section 2: MSQ (Multiple Select Question): 15 questions.
Each MSQ may have one or more than one correct choice(s) out of the four given. The following is the marking scheme:
Full Marks: + 4 If only (all) the correct option(s) is(are) chosen and NONE of the incorrect options is chosen.
Partial Marks: + 3 If all the four options are correct but ONLY three options are chosen and NONE of the incorrect options is chosen.
Partial Marks: + 2 If three or more options are correct but ONLY two options are chosen, both of which are correct and NONE of the incorrect options is chosen.
Partial Marks: + 1 If two or more options are correct but ONLY one option is chosen and it is a correct option and NONE of the incorrect options is chosen.
Zero Marks: 0 If none of the options is chosen (i.e., the question is unanswered).
Negative Marks: -1 In all other cases.
Section 3: MCQ (Multiple Choice Question): 28 questions (3 marks each for the correct answer; 0.71 negative marks for incorrect answers). Each MCQ will have four choices, out of which only one is the correct answer.
Part-B ( Total marks: 100; Maximum time: 1 hour )
- Part-B consists of TWO questions to test the candidates’ drawing skills and design aptitude. This will require subjective evaluation. The questions in Part-B will be displayed on the computer screen, and the answer must be written/drawn in the answer book provided by the invigilator.
- Part-B answer booklets will be collected at the end of the examination.
- Part-B question is mandatory.
- The entire paper (both Part-A and Part-B) must be finished within the time stipulated for each part.
UCEED Syllabus 2024
UCEED will test candidates for open, creative and inquisitive disposition, ability to think critically, capacity to comprehend and communicate, and breadth of worldview.
UCEED 2024 will have two parts :
Part-A will have questions from the following topics:
- Visualization and spatial reasoning:Ability to visualise and transform 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
- Practical and scientific knowledge:Know-how of scientific principles and everyday objects.
- Observation and design sensitivity:General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc. and their implications on the design Capacity to detect concealed properties in day- to-day life and think critically about them. Attention to details, classification, analysis, inference and prediction.
- Environment and society:General awareness of environmental, social and cultural connections with design.
- Analytical and logical reasoning:Ability to analyse qualitative and quantitative information.
- Language:Proficiency in reading and comprehending Standard English.
- Creativity:Grasp of verbal and non-verbal analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols.
Part-B will have questions from the following topics:
- Drawing: Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective and shading.
- Design aptitude: Capability to practically and appropriately respond to problems/situations with ingenuity and empathy.
Note: The topics given above are exhaustive and indicative of the nature of the questions. However, the UCEED may not cover all the topics.
UCEED Result 2024
- The UCEED 2024 results are scheduled to be announced on March 08, 2024.
- Candidates can access their results exclusively on the official website (www.uceed.iitb.ac.in) by using their registered user login and password.
- From March 11, 2024, to June 12, 2024, all candidates who participated in UCEED 2024 can download their Score Card through the official UCEED 2024 website.
- All shortlisted candidates will receive a common merit rank (All India Rank)
- Securing a rank in UCEED 2024 does not guarantee admission into the BDes program. There will be no provision for a physical copy of the UCEED Score Card, and it will not be dispatched via post or email.
- Candidates should be aware that the responses for Part-A of UCEED 2024 will only be available for download until the UCEED results are declared. After the results are announced, the option to download Part-A responses will be disabled, and no further requests in this regard will be entertained.
UCEED 2024 -Minimum Qualifying marks for part A
Minimum marks that aspirants need to secure in Part A Section of UCEED to make it to the exam’s rank list is as follows:
|Category||Part – A Total Cut-off|
UCEED Counselling 2023
After UCEED result is announced, candidates can download their UCEED scorecard from the official website of the exam. The scorecard of UCEED exam consists of the candidate’s name, roll number, score and UCEED rank.
Only UCEED 2023 qualified students can apply for admission to the BDes programme at IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur for the academic year 2023-2024. There will be a common application form for admissions to respective BDes programmes. The UCEED Office, IIT Bombay will process the common application form and conduct the joint seat allocation process.
Three rounds of seat allocation will be conducted. However, once the seats are filled, the seat allocation will be closed. Seat will be provisionally allotted based on the applicant’s All India Rank (AIR) in UCEED 2023, category, and choice of institutes.
Selected candidates will be sent provisional allotment letters via their registered email, and will be directed to an online payment system to remit the Seat Acceptance Fee of ₹ 60,000 (Rupees Sixty Thousand only) for GEN/EWS/OBC-NCL and ₹ 15,000/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand only) for SC/ST/PwD.
UCEED Seat Matrix 2023-2024
The following table shows category-wise distribution of the available seats in Bachelor of Design (BDes) programmes at IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur for the academic year 2023-2024:
PwD reservation is 5% horizontal. The PwD seats are carved from the respective birth category. The unfilled seats will return to the original category.