UCEED Admission 2023-24: At India’s Best Design Institute
UCEED Application Form 2023 – 2024 | UCEED Paper Pattern 2023 – 2024
Important Dates for UCEED 2023
|Online registration opens||September 30, 2022|
|Last date for Online Registration with regular fees||October 21, 2022|
|Last date for Online Registration with late fees||October 29, 2022|
|Admit card download||January 13, 2023 onwards|
|Last date for rectification of discrepancies in Admit card||January 17, 2023, 05.00pm|
|Examination date||January 22, 2023 (Sunday)|
09:00 am – 12:00 noon
|Release of Draft Answer Key||January 24, 2023|
|Last date to upload comments (if any)|
on the Draft Answer Key in the candidate’s portal
|January 26, 2023, 05:00pm|
|Release of Final Answer Key||January 30, 2023|
|Announcement of cut-off marks for Part-A||February 09, 2023|
|Result Declaration date||March 09, 2023|
|Date for Score card downloading||March 11, 2023|
|B.Design Programme Application process starts- Online Application form submission||March 14 to 31, 2023|
|Seat allotment round 1||April 10, 2023|
|Seat allotment round 2||May 10, 2023|
|Seat allotment round 3||June 10, 2023|
|Last Date to download scorecard||June 13, 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for appearing for the UCEED 2023
A candidate, including a foreign national, must simultaneously fulfil each and every one of the following three criteria to appear in UCEED 2023.
The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1998 if belonging to the OPEN/EWS/OBC-NCL category and born on or after October 1, 1993 if belonging to the SC, ST or PwD category.
Number of attempts
A candidate can attempt UCEED for a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years. Note that UCEED score is valid for one year, and only for admissions in the same corresponding academic year.
The candidate should have passed in all subjects in the qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2022, OR should be appearing for the qualifying examination for the first time in 2023 in order to be eligible for attempting UCEED 2023. Students from ALL STREAMS (Science, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible.
Those who appeared for the first time in their qualifying examination (Class XII) in 2021 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in UCEED 2023.
UCEED 2023 Application Form
Candidates should register for appearing for the UCEED. Registration can be done only online through the Registration Portal from www.uceed.iitb.ac.in
Registration Fee for UCEED 2023
Below is the registration fee structure for UCEED 2023:
|Indian Nationals||Female Candidates (all categories)||₹ 1800|
|SC, ST, PwD Candidates||₹ 1800|
|All Other Candidates||₹ 3600|
|Candidates from SAARC countries||US $ 350|
|Candidates from Non-SAARC countries||US $ 450|
The registration fees shown above does NOT include service charges, processing fees and/or any other charges that the banks may charge.
- The above registration fee is applicable till the closing date of October 21, 2022, (11:55 pm).
- A late fee of ₹ 500/US $ 50 is applicable to candidates registering after the closing date of October 21, 2022, and till the late registration closing date, i.e., October 29, 2022, (11:55 pm). It is not possible to register after 11:55 pm on October 29, 2022, as the on-line registration portal will close automatically.
- Detailed instructions related to the payment of registration fee will be available on the online registration portal.
Documents required for registration for UCEED 2023
Given below is a list of certificates and other documents that need to be uploaded at the time of online registration for UCEED 2023. The certificates MUST be in the Central Government format as given in the appendices.
- A recent colour photograph of full frontal (face) view, with the head centred in the frame covering 70–80% of the photograph and taken within the last six months. The photograph should be such that it allows unambiguous identification of the candidate (only JPEG image formats with file extension .jpg will be accepted).
- Scanned copy of candidate’s full signature on white paper (only JPEG image formats with file extension .jpg will be accepted).
- Qualifying examination certificate, if appeared in 2022 (only PDF formats with file extension .pdf will be accepted).
- For those candidates who will be appearing in 2023 for the exam, a certificate from the school/college principal in the given format (Appendix 1) should be uploaded (only PDF formats with file extension .pdf will be accepted). (Note: Appendixes are given in the UCEED 2023 Brochure)
- If the name is not the same as in the Class XII certificate, gazette notification showing the change of name is required (only PDF formats with file extension .pdf will be accepted).
Candidates seeking admission under the EWS, OBC-NCL, SC, ST or PwD category
- OBC-NCL (Appendix 2), Caste (for SC), Tribe (for ST) (Appendix 3), EWS (Appendix 4) or PwD certificate (Unique Disability Identification (UDID) certificate or Forms in Appendices 5 – 7) issued by a competent authority (only PDF formats with file extension .pdf will be accepted).
- Dyslexic candidates need to submit FORM-DYSLEXIC 1 and 2 (Appendices 8 and 9) instead of PwD certificate. The certificate must mention ‘SEVERE’ under Dyslexia category to enable the candidate to get the benefit of PwD category.
PwD Candidates requiring Scribe (Amanuensis) and/or Compensatory Time
- PwD candidates requiring scribe and/or compensatory time (20 minutes/hour) during the exam need to upload a request letter (Appendix 10).
- The compensatory time for Part-A cannot be transferred to Part-B and vice versa.
Exam cities for UCEED 2023
UCEED 2023 will be held only in the following 24 cities in India:
Candidates must select THREE cities of their choice, in order of preference, when applying online. Once registration is complete, requests to change cities will NOT be accepted.
Question paper structure for UCEED 2023
- There will be ONE question paper of total THREE hours duration.
- The question paper will be in English.
- The question paper will carry a total of 300 marks.
- The question paper will consist of two parts: Part-A and Part-B. It is compulsory to attempt questions from both the parts.
Details of the two parts of the question paper are given below:
Part-A (Total marks: 240; Maximum time: 2 hours 30 minutes)
- This part will be administered through a computer-based test.
- This part will consist of three sections.
Section 1: NAT (Numerical Answer Type): 18 questions (4 marks each; no negative marks). For these questions, the answer is a number that needs to be entered using a virtual keyboard in the computer screen. No choices will be shown for these questions.
Section 2: MSQ (Multiple Select Question): 18 questions. Each MSQ may have one or more than one correct choice(s) out of the four given. The following is the marking scheme:
Full Marks: + 4 If only (all) the correct option(s) is(are) chosen and NONE of the incorrect options are chosen.
Partial Marks: + 3 If all the four options are correct but ONLY three options are chosen and NONE of the incorrect options are chosen.
Partial Marks: + 2 If three or more options are correct but ONLY two options are chosen, both of which are correct and NONE of the incorrect options are chosen.
Partial Marks: + 1 If two or more options are correct but ONLY one option is chosen and it is a correct option and NONE of the incorrect options are chosen.
Zero Marks: 0 If none of the options is chosen (i.e., the question is unanswered).
Negative Marks: -1 In all other cases.
Section 3: MCQ (Multiple Choice Question): 32 questions (3 marks each for the correct answer; 0.71 negative marks for incorrect answers). Each MCQ will have four choices, out of which only one is the correct answer.
Part-B (Total marks: 60; Maximum time: 30 minutes)
- Part-B consists of ONE question that is aimed at testing the candidate’s drawing skills, which will require subjective evaluation. The question in Part-B will be displayed on the computer screen and the answer has to be written/drawn in the answer book provided by the invigilator only. In case of PwD candidates availing the use of a scribe, assistance in attempting Part-B is not permitted, as the question is aimed to evaluate the candidate’s drawing skill.
- Part-B answer booklets will be collected at the end of the examination.
- Part-B question is mandatory.
- The entire paper (both Part-A and Part-B) must be finished within the time stipulated for each part.
Below is the question paper structure for UCEED 2023:
|Part-A (2 hrs 30 mins)|
|Section||Type of question||Number of questions||Marks for correct answer||Marks for wrong answer||Marks for question not attempted||Total marks for the section|
|1||Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||18||4||0||0||72|
|2||Multiple Select Question (MSQ)||18||Partial Marking*||-1||0||72|
|3||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)||32||3||-0.71||0||96|
|Part-B (30 mins)|
|Type of question||Number of questions||Total marks|
Syllabus for UCEED 2023
UCEED 2023 will have two parts :
Part-A will have questions from the following topics:
- Visualization and spatial ability:Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
- Observation and design sensitivity:Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them. Applying attention to certain details, analysing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
- Environmental and social awareness:General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature.
- Analytical and logical reasoning:Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
- Language and creativity:Ability to understand and use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and to think out- of-the-box.
- Design thinking and problem solving:Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify problems, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions.
Part-B will have ONE question from the following topic:
- Drawing:Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective and shading.
Note: The above topics are exhaustive and indicate the nature of the questions. However, UCEED 2023 may not cover all topics.
- Candidate whose registration is complete in all aspects will be able to download the Admit Card for UCEED 2023 from the Candidate Portalon uceed.iitb.ac.in from January 13, 2023 onwards
- The Admit Card will bear the following details of the candidate: Name, UCEED Registration ID, Roll Number for UCEED 2023, Date of Birth, Category, photograph, signature, examination schedule, examination centre details and instructions to candidates.
- Candidates should carefully examine ALL the entries in the Admit Card and in case of any discrepancy, contact the UCEED Office at IIT Bombay BEFORE the January 17, 2023 via the designated email address [email protected].
- In case the Admit Card is not available for downloading, the candidate should contact the UCEED Office at IIT Bombay immediately via email or phone.
- A printed copy of the downloaded Admit Card MUST be produced at the time of examination.
UCEED 2023 Exam Day
Exam Date and Time: 22 January, 2023, 9.00 am to 12 noon
- Reporting time:Candidates should report at the test centre (as allotted in the admit card) at 7:00 am on Sunday, January 22, 2023, with a printed copy of the Admit Card and a Valid, Original Photo Identity Proof. This is required to record the biometric information (thumb impression and photograph) prior to appearing for the exam.
- Only candidates with a valid Admit Card and a Photo Identity Proof will be allowed inside the examination centre.
- Candidate’s identity will be verified by invigilators as well as IIT representatives. If there is any doubt about the candidate’s identity, the candidate may not be allowed to appear for the exam. However, the authorities at their discretion may allow the candidate to appear for the exam after completing certain formalities. No extra time will be allowed for completing the examination in lieu of the time taken for completing these formalities. In case a candidate with doubtful identity is permitted to appear, his/her candidature shall be subject to the decision of UCI Committee, which shall be final and binding.
- Impersonation and/or use of any unfair means during the exam is a serious offence which will result in immediate disqualification of the candidate from UCEED, and will lead to criminal proceedings against the candidate.
- Candidate are NOT be allowed to carry any electronic device (mobile phones, smart phones, digital/smart watches, calculators, tablets and the like), abacus, slide rule, log books, study material of any type, geometry box, and so on to the examination hall. A list of prohibited items will be posted on the website before the exam, if there are additional items.
- Stationery:Candidates should bring their own drawing materials like pens, pencils, sketch pens and colours for the examination. Candidates should NOT bring drawing sheets to the examination hall.
- Candidate has to remain in the examination hall for the entire duration of the examination.
- Part-A of the exam is a computer-based test. In the event of a technical problem, the candidate can contact the invigilator for assistance and immediate action will be taken to correct the problem, or assign a different computer terminal if required. Candidates will get the complete allotted time to attempt their paper even in the event of any technical problem, and the time lost due to technical problems shall be adjusted automatically in the server.
- Further instructions, if any, including those related to COVID-19, shall be posted on the website before the exam.
UCEED 2023 Answer Key
- UCEED 2023 Question Paper and Draft Answer Key will be released on the UCEED website on January 24, 2023.
- Any comments or objections to the draft answer key may be given only in the candidates’ portal within a period of two days, i.e., till January 26, 2023 by 05:00 pm.
- The order in which a question appears may differ for each candidate. Hence, the candidates are advised to use the Master Question Paper uploaded on the official UCEED website as reference to upload their comments/queries. This would help the committee to map the candidate’s comments/queries to the right question.
- Comments/objections sent via email or in any mode other than through the candidate’s portal, will be not be considered.
- The responses of the candidates for Part-A of UCEED 2023 will be available for download ONLY until the declaration of the UCEED results and not thereafter.
- Final decision regarding the answer keys will be taken by the UCI Committee after consolidating and considering all the comments from the candidates and the paper- setting team. This decision is final and will be binding on all the candidates.
Result of UCEED 2023
- Results will be declared on March 09, 2023.
- UCEED results will be available only on the official website (uceed.iitb.ac.in). Candidates will need to use their user login and password (created during registration process) for viewing the results on the webpage.
- All candidates who appeared in UCEED 2023 will be able to download their Score Card from March 11, 2023 to June 13, 2023 from the official UCEED 2023 website.
- All shortlisted candidates will get a common merit rank (All India Rank). All shortlisted candidates are considered as qualified candidates in UCEED 2023.
- Obtaining a rank in UCEED 2023 does NOT guarantee admission to the BDes programme. Hard copy of the UCEED Score Card will not be available and hence, will NOT be sent to the qualified candidates either by post or by email.
- The responses of the candidates for Part-A of UCEED 2023 will be available for download ONLY until the declaration of the UCEED result. Downloading of Part-A responses will be DISABLED once the UCEED results are declared. No further requests will be entertained in this regard.
BDes Admissions 2023 and Application form
Only UCEED 2023 qualified students can apply for admission to the BDes programme at IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur for the academic year 2023-2024. There will be a common application form for admissions to respective BDes programmes. The UCEED Office, IIT Bombay will process the common application form and conduct the joint seat allocation process.
- The common application form will be available through the IIT BombayAdmissions Portal. Applicants will be able to fill in their personal particulars and select institutes of their choice by indicating the order of preference.
- The application can be submitted after paying the application processing fee, uploading digital copies of relevant supporting documents, and uploading the signed copy of the completed application form (first page only). Detailed instructions on each step of the application process are provided within the online application form.
Seat Matrix 2022-2023
The following table shows category-wise distribution of the available seats in Bachelor of Design (BDes) programmes at IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur for the academic year academic year 2022-2023:
PwD reservations @ 5% will be horizontal. PwD candidates will consume seats from their birth category quota.
The BDes admission application counselling processing fee for applicants of all categories and genders is ₹ 3000(Rupees Three Thousand only). This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Three rounds of seat allocation will be conducted. However, once the seats are filled, the seat allocation will be closed.
- Seat will be provisionally allotted based on the applicant’s All India Rank (AIR) in UCEED 2023, category and choice of institutes.
- Selected candidates will be sent provisional allotment letters via their registered email, and will be directed to an online payment system to remit the Seat Acceptance Fee of ₹ 60,000 (Rupees Sixty Thousand only) for GEN/EWS/OBC-NCL and ₹ 15,000/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand only) for SC/ST/PwD.
Bhanwar Rathore Design Studio
Bhanwar Rathore Design Studio is one of the most prominent coaching institutes in the country providing finest design coaching. As the name suggest BRDS furnish best results for UCEED with more than 1410 selections at IIT through UCEED & CEED Exam since its inception. And BRDS every year brings out one of the best and brilliant students for IITs.
BRDS encourages students and parents to visit our Centres to have a better understanding of the quality of services and facilities provided, along with other features which makes us the best institute providing UCEED Coaching.