Bhanwar Rathore Design Studio is a premier Design & Architecture Coaching Institute in India. BRDS is the highest result producer and has consistently brought out successful students for getting into NID and is proud to achieve highest selection in NID compared to any other coaching institutes in India. BRDS runs Regular/Weekend batches at all their 30 centres throughout the year. Students who have regular schooling / college and hectic tuitions can attend these batches. The coaching focuses on drawing, creative thinking skills, general aptitude, solving previous years question papers and mock test papers which are prepared by NID Alumnis.
NIFT Entrance Exam 2020 will be conducted by the National Institute of Fashion Technology. This entrance exam is conducted to offer admission into Bachelors of Design, Bachelors of Fashion Technology, Master of Fashion Technology, M aster of Design, Master of Fashion Management. Candidates have to qualify the Creative Ability Test (C AT) and General Ability Test (G AT) to get selected for B.Des & M.Des programmes. Admission will be provided to the qualified candidates in various campuses of NIFT located in Chennai, New Delhi, Bhopal, Gandhinagar, Kangra, Jodhpur, Bhubaneswar, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Raebareli, Shillong, Kannur, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Srinagar and Patna. For more details regarding NID Entrance Exam 2020, candidates must through this article as it contains complete information regarding exam date, exam pattern, application form, result, counselling etc.
NIFT 2020 Important Dates
In the table provided below check all the tentative dates for various events of NIFT 2020:
|Online Registration Starts||Last week of October 2019|
|Last date for Registration||Last week of December 2019|
|Window to Edit/ Update Form Opens||Last week of December 2019|
|Window to Edit/ Update Form Close . Last date for registration with late fee||1 s t week of January 2020|
|Download Admit card||2n d week of January 2020|
|Written Exam of UG & PG||3r d week of January 2020|
|Exam Result||February/March 2020|
|Last date of registration for Foreign Nationals/|
|Last week of April 2020|
|Situation Test/GD/Interview||April/May 2020|
|Declaration of Final Result||End of May/June 2020|
|Counselling||End of May/June 2020 onwards|
NIFT Entrance Exam 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check the complete details of NIFT 2020 Application form below:
- The Online Registration process of NIFT 2020 will begin from the fourth week of October 2019.
- Candidates have to fill the application form before the last date that is expected till the fourth week of December 2019.
- Before filling the application form, candidates must go through the complete eligibility criteria.
- The Registration process will consist of various steps like Online Registration, filling out the application form, uploading the documents and payment of application fee.
- In case you’ve made mistakes while filling out the application form, you can make corrections during the third week of December 2019.
- To complete the application process, you must send the demand draft and a printout of your application form in a single envelope to the following address (via Speed Post/Courier), so as to reach before 1800 hrs. on Monday, 19 November, 2018:
Please note that candidates who have made online payment via debit/credit card are NOT required to send the print-out of your application form.
All India Management Association Management House,
14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
The Application Fee of NIFT 2020 for various categories is described below:
- For General/OBC-NCL candidates – Rs. 2000
- For SC/ST and PwD candidates – Rs.1000
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay application fee via online or offline mode.
- For online payment, fee can be deposited through credit/debit card or via net banking.
- For offline payment candidates can make payment through DD have to send the printout of application form along with DD drawn in favour of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at New Delhi & send to the address mentioned above.
NIFT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through the complete eligibility criterion of NIFT 2020 before applying for admission:
- For UG Programmes, the upper age limit is 2 3 years as on October 1, 2019. For ST/SC candidates upper age limit is 28 years.
- There is no upper or lower age limit for PG Admissions.
For B.F.Tech (Apparel Production):
- Qualifying Exam: C andidate must have passed his/her 1 0+2 level degree from a recognized board or university. Or have 3-4 years of Diploma in any branch of Engineering, Open Schooling with minimum 5 subjects, IB/ Advanced A levels with Physics, Chemistry, Maths
- Qualifying Subjects: C andidate must have qualified with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
For B.Des Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: C andidates must have passed his/her 1 0+2 level degree from a recognized board or university. Or have 3-4 years of Diploma in any branch of Engineering, Open Schooling with minimum 5 subjects, IB/ Advanced A levels are eligible to apply.
For M.F.Tech Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: C andidates must have done their Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Technology from NIFT or B.Tech/B.E from a recognized institute or university.
For M.Des / M.F Management Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: C andidates must have done their B achelor’s degree from a recognized institute or university OR should have done UG Diploma in UG design of minimum 3 years from NIFT or NID.
NIFT 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the exam pattern and marking scheme of NIFT 2020 is described below:
- Exam Mode and Date: N IFT 2020 exam will be conducted in the third week of January 2020 through Pen and Paper (o ffline) mode.
- Number and Type of Questions: T he question paper will contain multiple choice q uestions and the number of questions will vary for various programmes.
- Time Duration: F or B.Des and M.Des entrance test, 2 hours will be provided to complete the paper. For B.F.Tech, M.F.Tech and MFM entrance exams, 3 hours will be provided.
- Sections: The exam paper will contain various sections like – Creative Ability, Quantitative Ability, Analytical and Logical Ability, English Comprehension, Communication Ability, Current Affairs and General Knowledge.
- Language Medium: The question paper will be in English
- Marking Scheme: T here will be no negative marking in the exam paper.
In the table given below we have distributed number of questions for various sections:
|Section||For M.Des, M.F.Tech, MFM and B.F.Tech||For B.Des|
|Quantitative Ability||30 (10 for MFM)||20|
|Communication Ability and|
|English Comprehension||45 (50 for MFM)||50 (25 each)|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||25||15|
|Case Study||25 (40 for MFM)||–|
|Total||150 questions||100 questions|
NIFT 2020 Syllabus
The Syllabus of NIFT 2020 will contain various topics from Creative Ability, Quantitative Ability,
Analytical and Logical Ability, English Comprehension, Communication Ability, Current Affairs and General Knowledge sections. The syllabus will vary for both GAT and CAT. Candidates can check the complete syllabus by online mode.
For Situation Test, the syllabus consists of various topics – 3D Modeling, Body Language, Observation Test, Portfolio making, Creative Thinking, etc.
NIFT 2020 Preparation Tips
To qualify the entrance test of NIFT 2020, students can take the help of below preparation tips:
- Make a proper study schedule and review complete details of the exam before starting the preparation.
- Note down all the important points, concepts or formulas at one place.
- Analyze your exam preparation level by attempting mock tests.
- Practice by solving sample papers or past years question papers.
- Revision is a necessary part of your study so revise all your prepared notes at the end of each day.
- Study for the exam from a study material mostly recommended by experts or qualified students.
NIFT 2020 Admit Card
The Admit card of NIFT 2020 will be published after the completion of the application process. It is a necessary document which will mention certain important details about the appearing candidate and the exam.
In case any discrepancy arises in the details of the admit card or during downloading the admit card, students must contact the officials immediately.
The admit card will be released in the second week of January 2020. Candidates have to download the admit card through online mode by entering their provided application number and date of birth. Candidates must carry their admit card at the examination centre along with photo id proof to get entry into the exam hall.
NIFT 2020 Result
The Result first test of NIFT 2020 will be released after the General ability test, Creative ability test.
The result will be published by online mode in the month of February or March 2020.
To check the result online and download the scorecard, students have to enter their application number, roll number and date of birth.
Final result after the second test i.e., Situation Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview will be declared in May/June 2020 (except B.F.Tech). The details in the scorecard will mention the name of the candidate, date of birth, roll Number, application number, scores obtained in CAT, GAT and Situation Test, total marks, rank, qualifying status etc.
NIFT 2020 Counselling
The counselling process of NIFT 2020 will start from the month of June 2020. To participate in the counselling process, candidates have to register online first. Only those candidates will be eligible for counselling rounds who will have common merit rank.
For the G D and PI Interview rounds, candidates have to download call letter online by entering their a pplication number, date of birth and roll number.
At the time of counselling, document verification of the candidates will be also done. Candidates have to submit the below listed documents certificate verification:
- 10t h and 12t h M ark sheet
- 10t h and 12t h P ass certificate
- Several Passport size photographs
- Category certificate
- Medical Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Bank Draft
- Affidavit of provisional admission
- Anti- Ragging certificate
- Provisional call letter
FAQS About NIFT (Frequently Asked Questions):
Question: What is NIFT?
Answer: The National Institute of Fashion Technology is a leader in fashion education with the ability to integrate knowledge, traditional arts, contemporary thought, academic freedom, innovations in design & technology and creative thinking to continuously upgrade its curriculum to address the changing needs of the industry.
Question: W ho are eligible for NIFT?
Answer: Refer page 3 for detailed eligibility for All Design programmes.
Question: When will the entrance exam of NIFT conducted? In what mode will it be conducted?
Answer: T he entrance exam of N IFT 2020 will be conducted in the third week of January 2020 through offline i.e., Pen and Paper mode.
Question: When is the online application form of NIFT releasing?
Answer: The Online Application form for NIFT 2020 will be released in the fourth week of October 2019.
Question: What is the last date of registration for NIFT?
Answer: The last date of registration for NIFT 2020 is first week of January 2020 with late fees, tentatively.
Question: I have made mistakes while filling out the application form of NIFT? Can I correct the details?
Answer: Yes, you can correct details in the application form when the application correction process will start in the last week of December 2019 to first week of January 2020.
Question: When and how can I download the admit card of NIFT?
Answer: Y ou can download the admit card of NIFT 2020 in the second week of January 2020 through online mode by entering date of birth and application number.
Question: When will be the final result date of NIFT?
Answer: The final result of NIFT 2020 will be announced in the May/June 2020
Question: H ow can I check the result?
Answer: You can check the result online from nift’s website by submitting your registered user id and date of birth.