NID Exam Analysis 2024 Check Complete Question Paper Review
Dive into the NID Exam Analysis 2024 for a strategic edge! Discover the nuances of DAT Prelims and Mains, unravel the question types, difficulty levels, and expert insights from past exams. Perfect for aspirants, this analysis is your key to mastering the National Institute of Design’s entrance test.
The NID DAT exam is conducted by the National Institute of Design, namely in 2 stages: DAT Prelims and DAT Mains.
This post shall guide you through the detailed NID Exam Analysis 2024, such as the difficulty level, the number of good attempts, the type of questions, the marking scheme, and more.
Our expert and dedicated team from BRDS will walk you through an overview of the exam live from the NID exam centers. With this reference, you can analyze your and other competitors’ performance in today’s exam.
The National Institute of Design will conduct the NID DAT 2024 prelims exam on December 24, 2023, in pen and paper mode at multiple test centers. According to the NID DAT exam analysis, the NID DAT prelims exam contains a total of 26 questions. The overall difficulty level of the NID DAT 2024 exam, according to NID DAT candidates and experts, will be released soon. The NID DAT 2024 will last 180 minutes (3 hours).
Applicants will be able to analyze their performance using the NID DAT 2024 question paper and understand the overall difficulty level of the NID entrance exam. Check out the NID DAT 2024 exam analysis right here once out.
NID Previous Year Exam Analysis –
NID DAT Exam 2023
The NID DAT Exam 2023 had a moderate level of difficulty. Here are the key highlights of the exam:
- The NID DAT prelims test took place in different cities across the country.
- Candidates found the creative-based questions to be challenging, while the general aptitude questions were of moderate difficulty.
- The general aptitude questions primarily covered topics related to general knowledge, textiles, and reasoning.
- The subjective section, which carried 70 marks, consumed the most time as it was the crucial section of the exam.
- The diagram and pictorial section included some tricky questions.
NID Exam 2022
As per the NID 2022 paper analysis, the overall difficulty level of the NID entrance exam was moderate.
The question paper had a total of 26 questions, out of which 22 were MCQs and 4 were long answer-type questions.
- The logical reasoning and aptitude section was easy, while the general knowledge section was easy to moderate level of difficulty.
- The drawing section had lengthy and tricky questions compared to the previous year.
- Students had to manage their time wisely to answer the drawing questions, as the questions were a little tricky.
- In the drawing section, one question was based on perspective. Further, students were asked to draw a kingfisher through 3 slides.
- In the GK section, the questions were related to the Padma Shree Awards and vaccines.
Know more: Mastering the NID Marking Scheme
NID Exam 2021
The NID exam was successfully concluded on 14 March 2021 at various centers across India.
Part 1 had general aptitude questions for 30 marks, and part 2 had NID creative aptitude questions for 70 marks.
- As per the paper analysis, the over-difficulty level of the entrance exam was moderate.
- Most of the NID general aptitude questions were related to vaccines and the Padma Shree Awards.
- The aptitude test was based on the half-triangle, half-square, half-hexagon, and Tongue Twister sections.
- Also, many students reported that the drawing questions were quite lengthy. However, the general knowledge section was moderate.
NID Exam Analysis 2021: Question Asked in Drawing Section
In the drawing section, there were five questions based on perspective drawing, comic strips, poster making, story writing, and compositions.
The following were some of the NID drawing questions asked in last year’s exam.
- Create three images/frames to depict a story
- Draw a poster showcasing steps on how to make tea
- Depict a scenario where your younger sibling is disturbing/distracting you while you are studying online
- Draw a poster on school bullying
- Make comic characters for TikTok in six parts
NID 2020 Paper Analysis
The NID Exam was a completely creativity-based paper. There were 21 questions based on Aptitude, with the highest number of Logical Reasoning questions.
Here is a basic overview of the exam:
- At a few centers, invigilators simultaneously gave aptitude question paper and drawing paper. However, it was delayed at a few centers.
- A few students reported that the drawing paper was delayed by 50 minutes, so they couldn’t attempt a few questions.
- There were no questions on static GK.
- There were 6 questions from Creative Drawing.
Questions asked in the Logical Reasoning/Aptitude section
- There were questions on the half-triangle, half-square, and half-hexagon.
- There was a question on Cake
- There was a question based on Tongue Twister.
- There were 2 questions based on Blood Relations.
Questions Asked in Drawing Paper
- There was a question based on Unfolded Cube. The squares were numbered so that it was easy to make a cube.
- One point perspective question was asked. The question was “A boy is standing on an X-mark and one had to draw the kitchen.”
- The question paper had a tree-based question to depict the Save Environment message.
- There was a question based on creativity, imagination, and storyboarding.
There was no question about Color Theory mentioned. One had to judge the color theory accordingly.
NID 2019 Exam
As per the analysis, the overall difficulty level of the exam was easy to moderate. The NID exam was conducted in two stages: Prelims and Mains.
The NID Prelims had objective and subjective questions, and the Mains exam had a NID Studio Test and Personal Interview.
The creative aptitude section had a good mix of questions designed to test students’ creativity skills.
NID Question Paper 2019 (Prelims)
The question paper had 22 objective questions and 6 subjective questions. The objective-type questions focused more on General Knowledge, and subjective-type questions focused more on Creativity Skills.
Boost your NID preparation: NID Online Coaching Classes 2024 by BRDS
NID Question Pattern 2019 (Prelims)
Have a look to learn the detailed NID Exam Analysis 2019 for the B. Des program.
NID Questions Asked in Objective Type Paper (BDes 2019)
The NID Questions were asked in the objective-type section for the B. Des program.
|A textile pattern was to be identified
|Question regarding Transgender Symbol
|The candidates needed to choose the odd one out from Cotton, Coir, Jute, and Wool
|Choose the non-classical dance form between the options
|Images of strokes like Caligraphy strokes and flat brush strokes were given, and the candidates were required to distinguish between them
|The candidates were given to name the instrument that Annapurna plays
|What was the navigation aid in ancient times?
|Which animal is the design inspiration for the Japanese Bullet Train
|Which is the highest Sports Award in India?
|There were given names of a few Indian personalities, one of whom was not an artist
|There was a graph-based question
|Determine relationships based on patterns between siblings, sisters, boys, and girls
|There was a shape-based question- Rotate the vase and identify the core of the shape
|The mother and child together were 70kg, the father and child together were 90 kg, the father and mother were 120 kg, and the combined weight of the family
Read more: NID Exam Pattern 2024
NID Questions Asked in Subjective Type Paper 2019
The questions asked in the NID DAT 2019 B. Des exam are given in the table for your reference.
|The candidates were asked to draw a stamp and color it to commemorate the 160th birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi
|A picture of a section of a room and a window was given. Assuming that the person was on a ladder and trying to look inside the room. The candidates were required to describe what they saw in the room.
|The exam-appearing candidates were asked to draw a woman/man sitting on the table with a spoon, folk, and a plate in front of them
|Candidates were asked to draw something that would represent that all glitters are not gold in a realistic manner
|The candidates were asked to draw the front view of a picture of the side view Pictures of a dead old man and a dog barking towards a thief were given to the candidates
|They were required to draw a fork, a spoon that was put together at the handle
Know more: NID Study Plan 2024
NID Questions Asked for Subjective Type (M.Des 2019)
Look at the table below to know the type of questions asked in the subjective paper for the M. Des program.
|The candidates were asked to imagine that they were going on a trek. Keeping that in mind, they were asked to design a product that could be used to keep the bottle, shoe, phone, sandwich, and book. They were asked to explain the usage of the product (Product Design Question)
|The candidates were told that the future Indians would vote through mobile phones. They were asked to identify three problems regarding this and suggest solutions through illustrations
|They were also asked to draw five icons from the “UN Sustainable Goals for 2018”
NID Exam 2018
The NID Prelims and Mains were conducted in English and consisted of both Objective and subjective questions.
The exam was conducted for 3 hours, and both the Prelims and Mains Paper consisted of 100-mark questions.
Topics covered in NID Question Paper 2018
The candidates must give more focus on specific topics. The following are some of the topics from which the NID Questions were asked in the exam.
- Design Theory
- Visual Logic
- Colour Terminology
- Elements and Principles of Design
- Innovation in Design
- Optical Illusion
- Usage of Colors in Composition
- 3D Visualization etc.
Read more: NID DAT Counselling 2024
NID Entrance Exam 2017
The NID Exam 2017 took place in 22 centres. There was a slight change in the Question pattern in previous years.
Aspirants were tested and selected based on the following parameters:
- Visual Sense Skills
- Observation & Selection Skills
- Environmental Awareness
- Mental Ability & Communication Ability
- Problem-Solving Design Skills
Check: NID Cut-off Marks
The NID Entrance Exam Analysis includes a detailed overview of the exam structure, syllabus, topics covered, question types, time allotted, marking scheme, and recommended NID Exam preparation strategies. And can add up to your study plan and NID preparations.
It also provides insights into the exam pattern and the types of questions asked in the exam, helping you prioritize the type of questions and important topics.
This analysis is essential for those aspiring to get admission into the prestigious National Institute of Design because analysis of previous year’s papers is equally important to solving them.
Prepare with: NID Mock Test Series 2024