NID Sample Papers
NID DAT (Prelims) was conducted on 6th January 2019. NID changed the question paper pattern for the design aptitude test in 2019 as compared to previous 3 years (2018, 2017 and 2016) as follows:
|#||Sections||Marks for each Section|
The marks weightage was reversed between objective and subjective sections. Students were surprised with the paper pattern. In the subjective section, the paper had questions on perspective drawing, stamp design, communication design. Students who are weak at drawing and creativity found the paper difficult, but most SILICA students found the paper very good, as they go through a rigorous practice for drawing and design.
PHASE 1 : Written exam of 100 marks for 3 hours
SECTION A: Objective Questions (70 marks)
SECTION B: Subjective Questions (30 marks)
- Visualization & Spatial Ability
- Observation & Design Sensitivity
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Environmental & Social Awareness
- Design Thinking & Problem Solving
- Language & Creativity
PHASE 2: Studio Test & Interview
- Observation test : Testing one’s presence of mind/ testing 5 senses and visualization. Followed by a number of tests.
- Doodling test : Sketching the half sketching lines to a complete scenario. Mixing and connecting visuals with each other and building connection in form of a story by adding titles to it.
- Material Handling Test : How efficiently one can utilize the material in particular time frame. Best out of waste, wire armatures, clay models and thermocol forms. Followed by material and form manipulation tasks.
- 3D Model Making Test
Scroll down to download Sample Papers