NID DAT Mains preparation with guaranteed assurance, by BRDS Design
National Institute of Design(NID) is one of the top design institutes in India and many students aspire to study in these colleges. To seek NID admission into one of these seven prestigious NID campuses, you need to clear the NID Design Aptitude Test.The NID DAT exam consists of two rounds- Prelims and Mains. The student needs to perform well in the Preliminary round as candidates are shortlisted for the NID DAT Mains exam on the basis of marks obtained in the Prelims. The application for NID DAT Exam started on 05 October and the Prelims Exam was held on 02 January 2022. The results for B.Des Prelims were declared on 29 April And the dates for the Mains Exam will be declared soon. The results for M.Des Prelims were declared on 22 April and NID DAT Mains 2022 will be held from 06 June 2022 to 24 June 2022.To be eligible for the NID DAT exam, for B.Des you need to have passed your 10+2 in any stream from a recognized board and for M.Des, you need to have completed your bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years after 12th standard from a recognized university
NID DAT Mains Exam
The candidates who clear the NID DAT Prelims for NID admission need to further appear for the NID DAT Mains which are conducted in two stages: Studio test and Personal Interview. This year the test will be conducted in a hybrid model in which the Studio test will be conducted offline in test centres and the Personal Interview will be held online. On the basis of the marks obtained in NID DAT Mains and Prelims, the final merit list will be declared.
- NID DAT Mains Exam Pattern
The candidates who are shortlisted for appearing in the NID DAT Mains 2022 are tested for their analysis, creativity and visualization. The Prelims is a 3 hours exam with total marks of 100, containing both subjective and objective types of questions. The Mains exam is also a 3-hour exam of 100 marks and for B.Des, candidates will only have to give the studio test. The shortlisted candidates for NID admission have to upload a theme poster on the given topics in a single PDF file with a size not exceeding 10MB. The candidates need to make the poster manually and along with the theme poster, the candidates also need to prepare a digital copy of their portfolio. They also need to upload the portfolio in PDF format in the given window of the official website of NID. For NID DAT Mains, in M.Des the candidates also have to upload a Statement of Purpose(SoP) which should contain a maximum of 100 words and the PDF file size should not exceed 2MB.
- NID DAT Mains Syllabus
The NID DAT Mains 2022 consists of various topics like Doodling, 3D and material manipulation, sketching, hand-on drawing etc. Even though there is no official syllabus for the Mains exam, upon analyzing the [previous years’ papers, it has been observed that questions on certain topics are repeatedly asked.
Preparation tips for NID DAT Mains
- The most important thing is to understand the syllabus and the exam pattern properly. After that, you can plan how to cover all the topics and work on your weak areas.
- Practice as many questions for the prelims exam and the mains exam to increase your speed and be well acquainted with the type of questions asked each year. Also, practice as many mock tests as you can.
- Consult with seniors in NID for NID admission or anybody who has given and qualified for the exam to have a good understanding of how to clear the personal interview round. They can also help and guide you to make the portfolio and SoP, which would increase your chances of selection.
- Buy the updated version of the study material or guide books for NID DAT Mains 2022. If you enrol in an institute make sure that you understand the basics of every topic and never hesitate to ask if you have a doubt anywhere.
- Practice moving your pencil and convey your ideas as clearly as you can on the paper. Also, plan which section you would attend first because students are tested on their creativity and perception skills.
- As drawing is the most important thing to clear the NID DAT Mains, try to come up with innovative ideas and practice more with dry colours as they take less time, hence are advantageous to use during exams.
- If you are not confident enough, enrol in a crash course to get the proper guidance if you were doing self-study. Also, keep information about the current happening to improve your general awareness.
NID DAT Mains Preparation by Bhanwar Rathore Design Design Studio
Dr Bhanwar Singh Rathor, the director of BRDS, has graduated from NIFT and pursued his Master’s and Doctorate studies in Fashion. He has 16 years of experience in the field of design education and has been awarded “Man of the year” for his contribution.
- The highest number of students selected
BRDS publishes year wise results of the number of students selected and has the highest number of students selected every year as compared to any other coaching institute. They have been awarded as the “Best Design and Architecture Coaching institute” and have highly qualified faculty and mentors to guide students.
- Study material and Online videos
BRDS provides the best study material which is prepared by the alumni after analyzing previous years’ question papers and exam patterns. Every year the course is updated and video lectures regarding every topic are updated in the online learning software. Mock test papers and quizzes are also included and BRDS also provides Extra Practice Classes to all students where they can improve their skills.
The most important thing for the day of the NID DAT Mains 2022 exam is to carry your admit card and your stationery materials.