Nid Application Form
NID entrance test is conducted every year by the National Institute of Design. It is a national level entrance exam which is the door to get admission in NID Ahmedabad, NID Vijayawada, and NID Kurukshetra institutions. Through its entrance exam, candidates can get admission in B.Des and M.des programs. In this article candidates can get the complete information regarding NID application form 2019.
NID 2019 Application Form can be filled with paying the late fee until 30th November 2018. The last date to receive the printed application form is also 30th November. Click here to fill the application form.
Candidates must go through the details given below to fill the NID 2020 application form.
- First, candidates have to register to fill the further online application form.
- The NID 2019 online application form has been released from 1st October 2018.
- Candidates can fill the application form till 23rd November 2018 without late fee.
- Candidates can fill the application form further from till 30th November 2018 after the payment of late fee.
- The correction in the filed-in application form has been started from 1st December 2018.
- Candidates should fill all the details carefully and upload the photograph and signature along with required documents in JPG/JPEG format.
- Candidates those wish to submit the application fee through offline mode, they have to send the DD along with printout of filled application form to the address:
The candidate can submit the requisite application fee through online and offline mode. The application fee is non-refundable and non-transferable in any circumstances.
The payment through offline mode can be done through Demand Draft in favour of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at New Delhi. The category-wise and course-wise application fee is given below:
Category B.Des/GDPD M.Des (1 Discipline) M.Des (1 Discipline) General/OBC-NCL Rs. 2000/- Rs. 2000/- Rs. 4000/- S/CT/OPEN-PwD/OBC-NCL-PwD/SC-Pwd/ST-PwD Rs. 1000/-
Overseas Rs. 3000/- (only for B.Des) Rs. 3000/-
Here, candidates can check the eligibility criteria for B.Des and M.Des programmes offered by NID.
- B.Des: Candidates should pass/appearing in the 10+2 from any recognized board.
- Age: The age of candidate should be 20 years as on or before 30 June 2019 (3 years of age relaxation for reserved category).
- M.Des: Candidate must hold the bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized university/institution. Diploma holders in design course can also apply.
- Age: The upper age is 30 years as on or before 30 June 2019 (3 years relaxation for reserved category and 5 years for PwD category).
NID Application Dates 2019
Here, we have given all the dates and related events to the application form. Candidates can follow it as per the given dates.
|Starting of online application||1st October 2018|
|Last date to submit application form||23rd November 2018|
|Last date to submit application with late fee||30th November 2018|
|Last date to submit printed application||30th November 2018|
|Availability of correction window||1st – 4th December 2018|
|Exam Date (DAT Prelims)||6th January 2019|
NID 2020 Application Form Correction
The correction window has been opened from 1st December 2018. Candidates will be able to access the correction facility till 4th December 2018. Candidates can make correction only in some of the fields.
The fields in which candidates cannot make correction are Eligibility Section, Date of Birth, Category, Email ID and Citizenship Applied For. Candidates are also advised to fill the application form carefully and accurately.
How to Apply for NID
Candidates can get the procedure to fill the NID application form in this section.
- Visit the official website (link is given above).
- Click on ‘Register/Sign Up’ link.
- Fill the required registration details like Programme of Study, Nationality, PwD status, category, DOB, candidate’s name, gender, Email, Mobile number, etc.
- Tick the declaration and click on the “Submit” button.
- After registration, login credentials will be sent to the candidate’s registered email id via an email.
- Now, login to your account using login and password to proceed further.
- Now, fill Step-2, i.e., Application form. Fill all the details carefully.
- After filling all details, click on ‘Save & Proceed’ to go to the next section to ‘Upload Document’.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned photograph, signature and required category certificate in JPEG format.
- After uploading all the necessary documents, click ‘Save and Exit’ to complete the form.
- Click ‘Save & Proceed’ to proceed to pay application fees.
- Select the payment mode and submit the requisite fee as per your category.
- At the last take the printout of application form and keep it for further use.
Nid Application Form 2020
NID 2020: The National Institute of Design (NID) is one of the premium institutes in the field of design. Its three campuses are situated in Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Bengaluru. An entrance examination is held to select eligible students in various UG and PG courses in the field of design. The candidates are selected on the basis of two-stage competitive test DAT (Prelims) and DAT (Mains). A final merit list is prepared by the authorities after successful completion of both the tests. The candidates who are shortlisted are invited for admission to NID. The candidates are required to bring along with them the necessary documents to the respective NID campuses for verification. The documents must be produced in original.
Courses offered by NID 2020 are: B.Des (Bachelor of Design), GDPD (Graduate Diploma Programme in Design) and M.Des (Master of Design)
NID 2020 Exam Dates:
|Start to submit Online application form||October 2019|
|Closing date of online application form||November 2019|
|Admit Card available||December 2019|
|Exam Date||January 2020|
|Interview date||January 2020|
|Result date declaration||February 2020|
|Announced of Merit list||June 2020|
|Counselling Date start from||June 2020|
NID 2020 Application Form:
The applicants are required to visit the official website at www.admission.nid.edu to fill in their application form. The applicants must read carefully the eligibility criteria, test centers, no. of seats, reservation policy and all the information concerning admission to B.Des, GDPD and M.Des programmes. For B.Des and GDPD courses, Design Aptitude Test (DAT) Prelims and DAT Mains are common for applicants for all the three Institutes NID Ahmedabad, NID Vijayawada and NID Kurukshetra. The applicants are required to register/signup online before proceeding to fill up the application form at the official website. They are required to provide a valid email address and an active mobile number as these contracts shall be used for all the future communication with the applicants. The login credentials will be sent to the candidates via their email, hence it is essential to confirm the email and mobile number and both should be entered correctly in the registration process. The email sent to the candidates must be preserved for future references.
Once an account is made, then candidates could use their login and password to log in their account to proceed further. Here the candidates will find the application form which they should fill up with all the relevant details. After filling all the required details the candidates should “Save and Proceed” to go to the next section. The next section comprises of “Upload Document” where the applicants are required to upload their recent passport size color photograph and signature according to instructions. All the photographs and signature should be in JPG / JPEG format and within the limit of 100 KB in size. The signature must be digitally photographed or scanned and must be cropped to the required size. The candidates applying under OBC-NCL, SC and ST category should upload their Caste Certificate issued by a competent authority. The certificate should be in JPG/JPEG format and not exceed 150KB in size. The candidates who apply under PwD (Person with Disability) category should upload their valid Disability Certificate issued by a competent medical authority according to the guidelines of the Government of India. The certificate should be in JPG/JPEG format and not exceeding 150KB in size. The candidates who apply under Overseas Category should upload the first and the last page of their valid passport which should clearly show all their personal information in JPG/JPEG format and not exceeding 150 KB in size.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Course:
- The maximum age of the candidates must not be more than 20 years. There is a relaxation in the age limit of three years for reserved category candidates.
- The candidates must have passed 12th standard or its equivalent examination from any recognized university or board.
Eligibility Criteria for PG Course:
- The maximum age limit of the applicants must not be above 30 years, with relaxation in the upper age limit of 3 years for reserve category applicants.
- The applicants must have qualified bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university or Institute.
Application Fee: The application fee can be paid by debit/credit card or demand draft. The demand draft should be made in favour of “All India Management Association” payable at New Delhi. The application fee for general and OBC-NCL category candidates are Rs. 2000.00 for B.Des and GGDPD course and M.Des course 1 Discipline and Rs. 4000.00 for M.Des 2 Discipline.
The application fee for SC, ST, OPEN PwD, OBC-NCL-PwD, SC-PwD, ST-PwD & M.Des 1 Discipline category is Rs. 1000.00 and Rs.2000.00 for M.Des 2 Discipline.
For Overseas candidates the application fee is Rs. 3,000.00 for B.Des and M.Des 1 Discipline and Rs. 6,000.00 for M.Des 2 Discipline.
Application fee once paid is neither refundable nor transferable.
Exam Centres: There are 23 exam centers for NID DAT exam and candidates could choose a center that is most convenient to them.
List of Documents to be uploaded to Various Category:
- Photo, Signature and Certificates – applicable to all the candidates.
- Caste Certificate, Tribe Certificate, Disability Certificate and the first and last page of Passport (wherever applicable)
NID Syllabus: Questions would cover a range of topics such as elements and principles of design, expression and emotion, colour terminology, memory drawing, inspiration & design development, mood, theme & colour inter-relationship, design theory, natural & geometrical form, innovation in design, lettering, optical illusion, ornaments & motifs, principles of composition, and usage of colour in compositions.
NID Mains Syllabus: The mains paper is of 100 marks and conducted in English language only. The inst is on diverse formats such as presentation, model making, drawing and sketching.
Answer Key: The website releases the answer key to the exam shortly after commencement of the exam. The candidates could check their answers and calculate their expected score in the exam.
The result would be declared on the official website. The candidates would not be sent separate result score cards.
Click edit button to change this text.