Animation is the rapid display of a sequence of images to create an illusion of movement. The most common method of presenting animation is as a motion picture or video program. A career in animation can be described as the art of breathing life into a character or an object. A blend of entertainment and technology, it is related to design, drawing, layout, and production of graphically rich and attractive multimedia clips.
At present the animation enthusiasts can pursue both graduate as well as post-graduate Diploma in Design. The focus of the course is on:
• Conceptual thinking with the development of stories.
• Design Drawing
• Experimental Animation
• Pre-Production Techniques
• Story and Narrative
Students are geared towards acquiring professional attitude and understanding the social implication of their work.
- All the applicants are required to register/sign up online before proceeding to fill the application form only at http://admissions.nid.edu
2. Please provide a valid email address and an active mobile number while registering, since these contacts will be used for all future communication with the applicant. Ensure that this email id & mobile number is active till 31 August 2018.
3. After registration, login credentials will be sent via an email to the registered email address (do remember to check your spam or junk folders in case you do not find the email in your inbox). In case of wrong email address and/or mobile number has been provided during sign up, you are required to register afresh with the correct details.
4. Do not delete the email sent to you, as this will be useful for future reference.
5. Log in to your account using login and password to proceed further.
- Students who have passed or who will appear for qualifying examinations under the Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalents like AISSCE/ IB/ ISC during the academic year of admission are eligible to apply for the Undergraduate course called – GDPD (Graduate Diploma Programme In Design).
- Associated department = Film/Television/Broadcasting
- Degree offered = Bachelor of Media Studies
- Course mode = Full time
- Total seats = 15
- Course duration (Months) = 48
- Calendar System = Semester
- Intake month = June
Fees structure as applicable to this course is:
General Category Rs. 2,35,000 Yearly
International students eligibility
Candidate must have passed Advanced (A) General Certificate Education (GCE) conducted in London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka.
Candidate must have a cleared High School Certificate exam from Cambridge University or an International Baccalaureate diploma from the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Other eligibility criteria
The above-mentioned maximum age limit is for Indian nationals in general category. Only those candidates born on or after 1 July 1998 are eligible to apply for admission.
Maximum age limit for OBC-NCL/ SC/ ST is 23 years. Only those candidates born on or after 1 July 1995 are eligible to apply for admission.
Maximum age limit for PWD reserved category candidate is 25 years. Only those candidates born on or after 1 July 1993 are eligible to apply for admission.
Maximum age limit for foreign nationals in overseas (supernumerary) category is 20 years. Only those candidates born on or after 1 July 1998 are eligible to apply for admission.
General 7 OBC 4 SC 2 FN 2 ST 1 PwD 1 Total seats 17
Companies / Recruiters who visited the campus
Adidas Adobe Ashok Leyland Citrix Cognizant D decor DDB Mudra ebay Future Group GE Healthcare General Motors Glaxo Smithkline GODREJ Godrej and Boyce Hindustan Unilever HONEYWELL HP Infosys JP Morgan Chase LG Electronics LNJ Bhilwara Logitech Mahindra and Mahindra Malabar Gold Maruti Suzuki Microsoft Mind Tree Myntra Nalli NOKIA Oracle Pathways School Noida Philips India Redbus.in Relaxo Robert Bosch Samsung SAP Tanishq TATA ELXSI Tata Interactive Systems Tata Motors TCS TI Cycles TitanIndustries Toshiba trident group vip WELSPUN Whirlpool Wipro Zomato.