About CEED 2021
Exam dates have been declared for CEED 2021. IIT Bombay will conduct CEED exam on January 17 (3rd Sunday of January) 2021. Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT Bombay) conducts Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) to provide admission to aspirants in M.Des and Phdprogrammes offered at colleges accepting exam scores.
CEED exam is conducted into two parts – A and B. Part A of CEED exam is an online mode test that consists of objective type questions-numerical answer type questions (NAT), multiple select questions (MSQ) and multiple-choice questions (MCQ). Part B contains subjective questions (this will be in offline mode) that tests drawing, creativity, communication skills, and problem identification skills of candidates.
Most important thing to note is that Part A of CEED exam is computer based screening test. It means that only candidates who clear part A are evaluated for part B of the exam.
|Availability of CEED application forms||September 9 to October 10, 2020|
|Download CEED admit card||January 1, 2021 onwards|
|CEED Exam||January 17, 2021 (Sunday)|
|CEED Result||March 8, 2021|
|CEED Scorecard||March 8, 2021|
The exam will be held in the following 24 centres:
Note: Candidates had to compulsorily select three test cities as per their preference in their online application form for the exam.
Application form will be available from September 9 and last date of form filling is October 10, 2020 without payment of late fee. The application procedure will be online where candidates will have to register first, followed by entering of personal and academic details, uploading of documents and finally making the payment. A total of three exam centers in the order of the candidate’s preference will have to be entered during registration. The steps to fill the CEED application form 2021 are as follows:
Steps to fill CEED application 2021
- Online registration
- Filling the form (personal and qualifying exam details)
- Verifying details and logging in
- Uploading the required documents
- Payment of fees
- Take printout
It consists of objective type questions – MCQ, MSQ and NAT. Candidates need to attempt CEED Part A exam on a computer. Questions asked in this section of CEED exam are from topics such as visual and spatial ability, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language, observation and design sensitivity.
|Section||No of Questions|
(New CEED Exam Pattern)
|No of Questions|
(Old CEED Exam Pattern)
|Total Number of Questions||41||45|
It consist comprises of questions to test an aspirant’s design, drawing and writing skills. In CEED Part B exam questions are displayed on a computer screen and candidates need to solve them on an answer booklet provided by the invigilator. There are 8 questions in Part B exam. The marking scheme is such that question number 1-5 in CEED exam are of 100 marks. Till last year, candidates had choice among these questions and they had to attempt just one question. But in CEED 2020 Part B exam, candidates will be given five questions and they have to attempt all the question which would carry 20 marks each.
|Section||No of Questions|
|Total Number of Questions||5|
Aspirants can go through the marks they can secure by attempting questions in different sections of CEED 2021 exam.
|CEED 2021 Marking Scheme for Part A|
|Section||Marks for Each Correct Answer|
|Marks for Each Correct Answer|
|Marks for Each Wrong Answer|
|Marks for Each Wrong Answer|
|CEED 2021 Marking Scheme for Part B|
|Discipline Specific Question||–||40|
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Delhi
- IISc Bangalore
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIITDM Jabalpur
In order to apply for CEED 2021, you must fill out the online application and upload your photo and signature on www.ceed.iitb.ac.in. You do not need to send a hard copy of the application to the CEED office.
|Women Candidates||Rs. 1600|
|SC/ST/PWD Candidates||Rs. 1600|
|All Other Candidates||Rs. 3200|
Note: Application fee mentioned is for all the candidates applying before the last date. After the last date, i.e. Octomber 17, 2020, an additional late fee of Rs. 500 will be charged for ALL the candidates.
1. Scanned copy of Academic Records / Certificates
2. Scanned copy of Signature in .jpg file format
3. Recent colour Photograph: After Scanning and save it in .jpg file format
4. Certificate of Category SC / ST / OBC NCL: Scan and save it in .pdf file format. Certificate for EWS/ OBC NCL will be accepted if issued from April 1, 2020.
5. Candidates who are applying in person with physical disability (PwD) category should produce a valid medical certificate (.PDF File) issued by the appropriate authority. The certificate must clearly state that the disability is at least 40 % in order to avail the reservation.
6. Candidate whose name is not the same as the name on degree/diploma certificate should produce a gazette notification, marriage certificate or scanned page of passport showing the change of name (.pdf format)
Downloading and submission of Application Form is a very simple task and can be performed perfectly remembering some facts about pre-arrangement all documents required to be uploaded with the application form for CEED 2021.
Step 1 – Registration
1. Visit the Official Website of CEED 2021 to register
2. Enter a valid e-mail ID
3. Complete the E-mail registration process from the link received on your email id
Step 2 – Form Filling and Uploading Documents
1. Log in using the E-mail ID and Password received.
2. Enter the personal, academic and communication details in CEED 2021 Application form
3.Choose and mention 3 CEED 2021 Exam Centres.
4. Upload the photograph, signature and required certificates.
5. Review and click on ‘Pay fee and Submit’.
Step 3 – Fee Payment
1. Post clicking on Pay Fee and Submit, you are redirected to Bill desk for payment process.
2. Enter the account number in case of Internet Banking, Card number and CVV number for Debit Card and Card number and PIN for Credit Card users.
3. Verify and click on Pay to complete the payment process.
Prescribed Application fee for CEED 2021 is:
|WOMEN/ST / SC / PwD Applicant||Rs. 1600|
|All Other Applicant||Rs. 3200|
|Late fee for all applicants||Rs. 500 additional with Regular|
Candidates have to secure minimum cut off marks to get selected for further admission rounds. On clearing the Part A exam, candidates will appear for Part B exam.
The cut off for Part B will be prepared on the basis of various factors like – number of appearing candidates, number of seats available, difficulty level of test and number of qualifying candidates.
To shortlist OBC-NCL candidates, the cut off marks are 90% of the open category. However, for ST/SC/PWD candidates, it will be 50% of the open category.
After completion of entrance exam, CEED 2010 Answer key will be released by the board. the answer key will be published in PDF format on 21st January 2021.
Also candidates can send their objections or comments related to answer key till 24th January 2021. The final Answer key will be released online on 31st January 2020.
Aspiring candidates can download the CEED question sample papers of previous years given in the table below. They can prepare for CEED 2020 in an effective manner by solving these sample papers. http://www.ceed.iitb.ac.in/2021/downloads/CEED2020qp.pdf
- Qualifying Examination: Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Architecture/Design/Interior Design or its equivalent after 10+2 level from a recognized board or university OR
He/she must have obtained a Professional Diploma in Design such as NID/CEPT or its equivalent after 10+2 level exams OR
He/she must have pursued a 5 year programme in G.D. Art with one year post qualification professional experience after 10th level exams OR
He/she must have passed Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) of 4 yrs after 10+2 level exams.
- Age Criteria: There is no age limit prescribed to appear for the entrance exam.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are in their final year of graduation can also apply provided they must show passing proof at the time of admission.
- GATE Score: Candidates can also apply on the basis of their GATE 2020 Score.
In order to complete the registration procedure, you need to upload the following items:
- File containing your recent colour photograph (.jpg file) as per the dimensions mentioned on the registration portal.
- Scanned copy of your signature (.jpg file)
- Scanned copy of your degree / diploma certificate (.pdf file) if the course is completed. If you do not have the final degree certificate, please upload the copy of the final year mark list or the provisional certificate. If the course is not completed, a certificate from the Principal of the college / Head of the department (.pdf file).
- Candidates who are applying in the EWS/ SC / ST / OBC-NCL category have to produce valid category certificates (.pdf file) issued by appropriate authorities. Format of the OBC-NCL certificate is given in the Appendix 2. OBC-NCL certificates issued ONLY from April 1, 2020 onwards are accepted. Format of the SC/ ST certificates is given in the Appendix 3. Format of the EWS certificate is given.
- Candidates who are applying in person with physical disability (PwD) category should produce a valid medical certificate (.pdf file) issued by the appropriate authority (see Appendixes 5 to 8). Dyslexic candidates are required to additionally obtain a certificate from the Principal / Head of the College / Institution as per Appendix 9 (.pdf file).
- PwD candidate requiring compensatory time during the exam need to upload a request letter as per Appendix 10 (.pdf file).
- Candidates whose name is not same as the name on the degree / diploma certificate should produce a gazette notification, a marriage certificate or scanned pages of the passport showing the change of name (.pdf file).
CEED 2020 Admit Card will be released by online mode from January 1st,2021 till the date of the examination Registered candidates can access and download their admit cards using their registration id and password.
Details in the admit card of CEED will mention candidate’s name, date of birth, roll number, photograph, signature, test date, test city, test time, test center name and address. Candidates must go through the complete instructions present in the admit card before appearing for the exam. Visit on [email protected]
CEED 2021 Syllabus is divided into 2 parts:
Part A: Questions in Part A will be from the topics:
- Environmental and Social Awareness – Questions from General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, natural resources, etc., Awareness of design terminologies, social and cultural connection with design, etc . Implications on the design of infrastructure, products, images and environment.
- Design Thinking and Problem solving – Questions will check candidates ability to understand the context, the users and the constraints and choose the most accurate solution for a given design problem.
- Language and Creativity – Questions will test candidate’s ability to understand passages in commonly used English Languages. Ability to distinguish innovative options, ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives and think out of the box.
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning – This section will contain questions which will test candidate’s ability to describe given information logically and select the most accurate solutions. The test will check the candidate’s ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage with a number of statements is the most absolute response to a posed question.
- Observation and Design Sensitivity – Candidates ability to detect concealed properties in day to day life and think critically about them.
- Visualization and Spatial Ability – Questions will be based on Pictorial or diagrammatic questions to assess the understanding of transformation or manipulation of 2D and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
Part B : Questions in Part B will cover various topics:
- Communication skills – Candidates ability to communicate idea and concepts clearly using text and visuals will be checked.
- Creativity – The ability to think out of the box and come up with diverse as well as unique solutions will be seen in this section.
- Drawing – Candidate’s ability to draw products, composition, proportion, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, perspective and shading will be checked.
- Problem Identification skills – In this part B test, the student knowledge of appropriate use in design and ability, properties of materials and process, understanding of the user and the context, originality of solutions, ability to create characters, plots, stories, etc. will be checked.
Releasing the final answer key, IIT Bombay declares CEED 2021 Result online at the exam official website. A candidate can check the result as well as download the scorecard by providing the login credentials. The CEED score is valid for a period of one year from the date of declaration of the result. The final CEED score is calculated by giving 25% weightage to marks obtained in Part A and 75% weightage to scores obtained in Part B. Visit on [email protected]
Aspirants who appeared for CEED 2021 were advised to go through the exam day instructions mentioned on the admit card carefully. Candidates were also advised on the items and documents that could be carried inside the examination hall below.
What to carry on CEED exam day?
Since part B of CEED was a subjective test, candidates had to carry stationary items like pencils, sketch pens, poster colours and other drawing materials to the exam centre. Apart from this, candidates also had to carry the documents mentioned below:
- ID Proof : Candidates also had to carry a valid and original photo ID proof to the exam centre. Documents that could be presented as an ID proof included college issued identity card, passport, driving license, PAN card, Voter ID or Aadhaar card.
- Admit Card : Candidates had to carry a coloured printout of CEED admit card to the exam centre. The admit card was needed to record the biometric information of candidates at the centre
What NOT to carry on CEED exam day?
Candidates were not allowed to carry any electronic gadget such as mobile phone, calculator, smart/ digital watch inside the exam hall. Use of any electronic gadget during the exam could disqualify a candidate, as per the official website.
Candidates will have to apply for admission through CEED scores in various institutions and fulfill other requirements such as tests and interviews of the respective design departments. Admitting Institutes will also verify the eligibility, the category certificates and other documents along with the CEED score.
The individual institutes will notify the announcement for admission to the postgraduate programmes in design separately. For details or any specific queries on admission and programme of the individual Institutes, the candidate should check the official website of the relevant design college.
Details of these programmes may be obtained from the web sites of the respective institutes:
|Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing, IISc Bangalore||MDes in Product Design and Engineering Ph.D in Design||Institute website: http://www.iisc.ernet.in Department website: http://cpdm.iisc.ac.in/cpdm/|
|Industrial Design Centre, IIT Bombay||MDes in Industrial Design, Communication Design, Animation, Interaction Design, Mobility and Vehicle Design|
Ph.D in Design
|Institute website: http://www.iitb.ac.in|
Department website: http://www.idc.iitb.ac.in
|Department of Design, IIT||MDes in Industrial Design||Institute website: http://www.iitd.ac.in|
|Delhi||Ph.D in Design||Department website: http://design.iitd.ac.in|
|Department of Design, IIT Guwahati||MDes in Design|
Ph.D in Design
|Department website: http://www.iitg.ac.in/design Email: [email protected]|
|Department of Design, IIT Hyderabad||MDes in Visual Design|
Ph.D in Design
|Institute website: http://www.iith.ac.in|
Department website: http://www.design.iith.ac.in
|Design Programme, IIT Kanpur||MDes in Design|
Ph.D in Design
|Institute website: http://www.iitk.ac.in|
Programme website: http://www.iitk.ac.in/design
|Design Discipline, IIITDM Jabalpur||MDes in Design Ph.D in Design||Institute website: http://www.iiitdmj.ac.in/|
Discipline website: http://design.iiitdmj.ac.in/