NIFT ADMISSION 2019
Result of Written Entrance Examination
ENTER ANY TWO OF THE FOLLOWING
1. Result NIFT - 2019
NIFT will declare 2019 results in May/June 2019 online. Candidates, who appeared for NIFT admission test in Jan 2019 can check their result by providing following
1. Roll Number and
2. Date of Birth
For B.F.Tech program, GAT score declared on 6th March 2019 will be considered as final result, where as for B.Design students qualifying in NIFT 2019 written test (GAT and CAT) will be shortlisted for Situation Test. Final results will be prepared on the basis of GAT, CAT and Situation Test scores, after the situation test and GD/PI are conducted.
1. B.Des Result 2019, can be checked on the official site of NIFT (nift.ac.in), by providing following :
1. Roll Number,
2. Date of Birth and
3. Application number
2. Steps to follow while checking NIFT Result
1. Visit official website of NIFT, (nift.ac.in)
2. Click on “NIFT 2019 Results”.
3. Enter NIFT Roll number, Date of Birth and Application number.
4. Click on the Proceed/Login Tab.
5. The result will be displayed on your screen, verify correctness of all the details present in it.
6. Students are advised to take the printout for future referance.
3. How to understand scorecard of NIFT
NIFT aspirants. They will be asked to produce following
1. NIFT Admit Card 2019 and
2. NIFT Scorecard
at the time of counselling.
Scorecard of NIFT contains the following information:
1. Name of the candidate
2. Roll Number
3. Application Number
4. Date of Birth
5. Photograph of the candidate
6. Subject-wise scores obtained in CAT and GAT
7. Score obtained in Situation Test
8. Total Marks scored
9. Rank (if qualified)
4. NIFT Result - Section-Wise Weightage
The assigned weightage to each test in the final merit list of the entrance examination will be as under:
5. Steps after NIFT Result :
1. Merit list will be prepared taking in consideration the scores, final NIFT 2019 result and published online on NIFT official website in the month of May/June 2019.
2. Seat allocation for various campuses of NIFT will be done on the basis of score obtained by in CAT, GAT, group discussion, situation test and personal interview.
3. Cutoff will be declared campus-wise considering closing rank.
4. Cutoff will depend on factors like
1.1. Total number of candidates appearing in the exam,
1.2. Total candidates who cleared the exam,
1.3 The difficulty level of question paper,
1.4 Total seats for B. Design and B. F. Tech programs.
5. 2010 seats of B. Design and 360 seats of B.F.Tech program across 16 NIFT Campuses will be allocated.
6. NIFT Campus : New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Kannur, Hyderabad, Gandhinagar, Bengaluru, Raebareli, Shillong, Patna, Kangra, Jodhpur, Bhubaneswar, Srinagar, Chennai and Bhopal.
6. CUTOFF for NIFT 2019
NIFT Cut Off is the closing rank set by Participating Institutes and vary across campuses of NIFT. Cut Off will be calculated on the basis of availability of seats, difficulty level of exam, total number of students appearing in the exam etc. The cut off for NIFT will be published section-wise for each campus. Candidate must secure minimum marks to seek admission to their desired campus. Candidates qualifying the minimum marks criteria mentioned in Cutoff list will be invited for the counselling procedure. The final allotment of campuses as per Common Merit Rank (CMR), however, may vary from year to year depending on a candidate’s preference.
NIFT Cut Off depends on below mentioned factors:
1. Number of candidates who appeared for NIFT 2019 exam
2. Number of candidates who passed the exam
3. Difficulty level of questions
4. Number of vacancies for NIFT 2019 exam
5. Cut Off may also be section-wise
Considering previous year trends, Closing Merit Rank for admission to various courses in different campuses of NIFT have been tabulated below. Candidates in general category will have to secure a fairly low rank in order to get admission in any of the courses.