Ceed Entrance Exam 2020
Common Entrance Exam for Design 2020 abbreviated as CEED 2020 is a joint entrance exam to be conducted with an objective to provide M.Des and PhD. Admissions in various IITs and IISc. IIT Bombay is the organizing authority for this exam and the test will be held at around 21 cities across India. The candidates aspiring to appear for CEED 2020 exam needs to fill the application form in the month of October 2020 tentatively.
In this article, we will discuss complete details regarding the CEED 2020 exam such as important date, exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility criteria etc.
CEED 2020 Important Dates
The tentative date for CEED 2020 exams are given below:
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online registration||2nd week of October 2019|
|Last date to register without late fees||2nd week of November 2019|
|Last date to register with late fees||3rd week of November 2019|
|Admit card will be available from||1st week of January 2020|
|Date of CEED 2020 exam||3rd week of January 2020|
|Declaration of Result||2nd week of March 2020|
CEED Eligibility Criteria 2020
The eligibility criteria for CEED 2020 exam are as follows:
- The candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree/ diploma/ PG degree of 4 years duration or 3+2 years after 12th.
- The aspirants having passed the GD Arts diploma (10+5 pattern) can also apply.
- The candidates who will appear in the final year exam of qualifying degree can also apply.
- There is no age limit or any restriction for the number of attempts in CEED exam.
CEED Application Form 2020
The application form for CEED 2020 will be filled and submitted through the online mode only. The candidates have to enter their complete academic and personal details in the application form. Apart from the details, the candidates have to upload the scanned copies of the following document in the application form.
- Recent color passport size photograph.
- Copy of applicant’s signature
- Copy of degree and diploma certificate
- Category certificates
Please note that the application form should be submitted only in online mode, hard copies of any of the documents will not be accepted.
The CEED 2020 application fee must be submitted through the online mode by using a debit card, credit card or net banking. The application fees for different categories are as follows:
- For women/ SC/ ST/ Pwd Candidates: Rs. 1100/- + GST
- For all other candidates: Rs. 2200/- + GST
CEED 2020 Exam pattern
The CEED 2020 exam will be divided into two paper i.e. Part A and Part B. The answers sheet of Part B will be checked only if the candidate clears the Part A exam. Read more about the exam pattern
Exam Pattern for Part A
- Mode of Exam: Online (Computer Based Test)
- Type of Questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Duration of Exam: 1 Hour
Part A will test be designed to evaluate visual and spatial ability, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language, observation and design sensitivity of the candidates
Exam Pattern for Part B
- Part B answers will be evaluated only if the candidate shortlisted after Part A exam.
- There will be 8 Questions in Part B, out of which Question no. 1 to 5 will be of 50 Marks. Candidates have to attempt any one of 50 marks questions.
- Mode of exam for Part B will be offline.
- Part B will be aimed at evaluating the design, drawing and writing skills of the candidates.
CEED 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for CEED 2020 is also divided into Part A and Part B as given below:
Part A: Visualization and spatial ability, Environmental and social awareness, Analytical and logical reasoning, Language and creativity, Design thinking and problem solving, Observation and design sensitivity etc.
Part B: Drawing, Creativity, Communication skills, Analytical and problem-solving skills etc.