CEED Admission 2023-2024 – All You Need to Know About
Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED ) is conducted by IIT-Bombay for students interested in Master of Design (M.Des). Students can opt for IIT Bombay , IIT Delhi, IISc Bangalore, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Hyderabad, IIITDM Jabalpur, UPES Dehradun etc on the basis of their scores in CEED exam.
CEED exam is scheduled for 22th January 2023.
The Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) 2023 will have two parts: Part A, which will be an online-based exam with objective-type questions, and Part B, which will be an offline-based exam testing the candidate’s design, drawing, and writing skills.
Registrations for CEED 2023 have now closed. The last date to register with late fees was November 16, 2022, while regular fees closed on November 9, 2022. Admit cards for the exam will be issued from January 13, 2023.
The results for CEED 2023 will be announced on March 7, 2023. The CEED scorecard will be valid for one year from the declaration of results.
CEED Admission 2023 – Important Dates
- Start date for CEED applications – October 9, 2022
- Last date for submission of CEED application form with regular fee – November 14, 2022
- Last date to submit application form with late fee – November 16, 2022
- Download CEED admit card – January 1 to January 19, 2023
- CEED exam date – January 22, 2023
CEED Admission 2023 – Eligibility
To be eligible to take the CEED exam, candidates must have completed a degree, diploma, or postgraduate degree program of at least three years, must be in the process of completing such a program by July 2023, or must have passed the GD Arts Diploma program by that time. It is important to note that the eligibility requirements for admission to various institutes may differ from the eligibility requirements for the CEED exam.
Candidates are advised to check the specific requirements for the institutes they wish to apply to before taking the CEED exam. There is no age limit for taking the CEED exam, and candidates may take it as many times as they wish.
CEED Admission 2023 – Exam Pattern
The CEED exam is conducted in English and consists of two parts: Part A and Part B.
Both parts are taken on the same day and require computer use. Part A includes multiple choice, multiple select, and numeric answer type questions covering topics such as visual and spatial ability, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language, observation, and design sensitivity.
Part B assesses the design, drawing, and writing skills through questions displayed on a computer screen that must be answered in a provided booklet. There are a total of 8 questions in Part B, with the first 5 being worth 50 marks each, and candidates are able to choose which one to attempt. Only the scores from Part B will be used to create the merit list for the CEED exam, but the final score for each candidate is determined by giving 25% weight to the marks from Part A and 75% weight to the marks from Part B.
CEED Admission 2023 – Syllabus
CEED 2023 Syllabus for Part A Exam
- Visualisation and spatial ability: This section evaluates a candidate’s ability to understand and manipulate 2D shapes and 3D objects, as well as their spatial relationships, through pictorial and diagrammatic questions.
- Environmental and social awareness: This section tests a candidate’s general awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, and weather, and how they impact the design of products, images, infrastructure, and the environment. It also assesses knowledge of design terminology, the social and cultural context of design, the history of designed artefacts, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design practices.
- Analytical and logical reasoning: Candidates must be able to analyse and evaluate given information, form opinions and arguments, and deduce the appropriate responses to questions based on structured and logical thinking.
- Language and creativity: This section tests a candidate’s ability to understand and think creatively in English, including the ability to generate alternative ideas and think outside the box.
- Design thinking and problem solving: Candidates must be able to understand the context, user, and constraints of a design problem and select the most relevant solution.
Observation and design sensitivity: This section assesses a candidate’s ability to observe and analyze everyday properties and aesthetics, and to notice differences in visual properties.
CEED 2023 Syllabus for Part B Exam
The CEED exam syllabus for Part B includes the following areas:
- Drawing: Candidates should have strong drawing skills, including the ability to depict products, people, or scenes with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
- Creativity: Candidates should be able to think creatively and generate unique and diverse solutions.
- Communication skills: Candidates should have strong communication skills, including the ability to clearly convey concepts and ideas through text and visuals.
- Problem identification skills: Candidates should be able to understand the user and the context, and have knowledge of the properties of materials and their appropriate use in design.
CEED Admission 2023 – Preparation
To succeed in the CEED exam, it is important for candidates to follow a structured study plan and utilise the following strategies:
- Familiarise yourself with past year’s questions to get a sense of the types of questions that may be asked.
- Enhance your drawing skills in order to perform well on the drawing questions in Part B of the exam.
- Practice visualising and manipulating 2D and 3D objects to improve your spatial ability.
- Exercise creativity and open-mindedness in order to effectively solve problems.
- Stay current on environmental and social issues in order to excel on the relevant questions in Part A.
- Solve sample papers to get a feel for the exam format and difficulty level.
- Take mock tests to become comfortable with time pressure and improve your test-taking skills.
- Regularly review the syllabus to ensure a thorough understanding of all topics that may be covered in the exam.