Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) 2020
CEED Exam 2019 – Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) is a qualifying Examination for Admission to Master of Design (M.Des) Program at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IITDM Jabalpur, IIT Hyderabad and IIT Kanpur and PhD Programs in Design in some Institutes, for the Academic year 2019
Ceed Exam Pattern
CEED exam pattern changes almost every year. However, there is no such notification of the same in this year. Thus, the question paper will be similar to that of the previous year. The question pattern will be totally different for both the papers. Part A will be concerned with the assessing the general awareness ability of aspirants whereas, Part B is all about the designing.
Part A comprise of a total of 100 marks and 3 sections. Part A will be Computer Based Test of time duration of 1 hour.
Section I: Section I contains 10 Numerical Answer Type Questions (NAT). In other words, here the answer will be a number which aspirant needs to enter using the virtual keyboard on the computer screen. No options are available for choosing of answers. Each question contains 3 marks i.e, total 30 marks. There will be no negative marking available for this section. Un-attempted answers are given zero mark.
Section II: This section contains total of 10 questions of Multiple Select types (MSQ). Each question will contain four options out of which there will two or more correct answers available. Candidates will be awarded 2 marks for every correct answer (total 20 marks). The rest of the marking pattern is same of the above section.
Section III: The last section comprise of 25 Multiple Choices based questions (MCQ). The questions here will have four answer options among which one will be the correct. Each correct answer will be allotted 2 marks and each wrong answer will be given -0.6 marks. No marks are given for un-attempted questions.
Part B comprise of 8 questions. Candidates can attempt any one of the Questions from questions 1,2,3,4 and 5. The last three questions 6, 7 and 8 are compulsory to attain. The total marks for Part B is 100.
Ceed Exam Syllabus
CEED 2019 Syllabus for Part A Exam
- Visualisation and spatial ability
- Environmental and social awareness
- Analytical and logical reasoning
- Language and creativity
- Design thinking and problem solving
- Observation and design sensitivity
CEED 2019 Syllabus for Part B Exam
- Communication Skills
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
Colleges Under Ceed
- IISc Bangalore. Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing.
- IIT Bombay. IDC School of Design (Industrial Design Centre)
- IIT Delhi. Department of Design.
- IIT Guwahati. Department of Design.
- IIT Hyderabad. Department of Design.
- IIITDM Jabalpur. Design Discipline.
- IIT Kanpur. Design Programme.
Ceed Online Exam
- Refer CEED 2019 Information Brochure for eligibility criteria, documents required, registration fee structure, scribe criteria, caste certificate etc.2. New users should click on ‘Register’ to create their account with the IITB external user registration portal. New users require a valid email ID which shall be verified by sending email verification information.3. Registered users may click at ‘Login’ button to enter the CEED registration portal.
Ceed Online Test
Is this your first time here?
Hi! For full access to courses you’ll need to take a minute to create a new account for yourself on this web site. Each of the individual NIFT mock test paper may also have a one-time “enrolment key”, which you won’t need until later. Here are the steps:
- Fill out the New Account form with your details.
- An email will be immediately sent to your email address.
- Read your email, and click on the web link it contains.
- Your account will be confirmed and you will be logged in.
- Now, select the course you want to participate in.
- If you are prompted for an “enrolment key” – use the one that your TRENDZ has given you. This will “enrol” you in the course.
- You can now access the full course. From now on you will only need to enter your personal password (in the form on this page) to log in and access any course you have enrolled in.
5 Tips to prepare your portfolio for CEED
- Include your best work
- Limit your work
- Work on presentation
- Printed vs Web Based Portfolio
- Models/Prototypes a plus
How To Get Admission In Ceed
CEED results alone won’t guarantee you a seat in a reputed Design School in India. Along with CEED results, the ingenuity of your design portfolio and your performance in the studio tests and interviews conducted by the respective design colleges are also taken into account. Nonetheless, the following reputed design institutes consider CEED results as major selection criteria. Have a look at the courses they offer.