National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Entrance Exam-2021
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is one of the best institutions in fashion technology which offers admission to those applicants exploring bachelor’s and master’s courses in design and fashion technology.
The entrance exam is conducted once in a year. This institute stands out for the incremental flow of aspirants every year. Candidates have to qualify the Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT) to get selected. Admission will be provided to the qualified candidates in various campuses of NIFT located in Chennai, New Delhi, Bhopal, Gandhinagar, Kangra, Jodhpur, Bhubaneswar, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Raebareli, Shillong, Kannur, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Srinagar, and Patna.
In getting admission, the written test, situation test, GD & PI interview procedure matter a lot. At this institution, applicants will not only adapt but flourish. This article has for the key details regarding NIFT exam, syllabus, coaching centre etc.
NIFT 2021 Important Dates
|Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|The release of the Online Application form||the 1st week of November 2021|
|deadline for Application Form Submission||2nd week of January 2021|
|Closing date of online registration with the late fee of Rs. 5000/-||3rd week of January 2021|
|Availability of the Admit Card||3rd week of January 2021|
|NIFT 2021 Exam Date||2nd week of February 2021|
|Situation Test/Group Discussion/Interview||April-May 2021|
|Final Result Declaration||May/June 2021|
NIFT 2021 Application Form
To appear in the test, you need to fill the online application form.
- The application process will start around November 2021.
- Application forms will be accessible by online and there is no other mode for the application.
- Applicants can receive any copy of application form.
- For completing the application process, you need to make a deposit. With the late submission n of the fee, you will need to pay RS.500
- When you are done with providing all details completely, the next step would be to take the hard copy of application form which comes useful while admission procedures.
- The applicants should keep the payment slip for later use.
- For General/OBC: Rs-1500/-
- For ST/SC/PHP: Rs-750/-
- The online application fee will be paid by DR/CR card/ Demand Draft.
- Demand draft is taken on “NIFT HO” paid in New Delhi. Those putting in an application fee will send the form to the address:
Project Manager CMS
All India Management Association
14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
NIFT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
For UG programs
- The aspirants must be clearing Intermediate examination from any reputed board.
- Aspirants who have cleared 3-4 years of the diploma from AICTE or State Board of Technical Education will be considered for NIFT 2021.
- The minimum age for NIFT 2021 is 23 years on 1st October 2021 applicable to general category.
- Age moderation of 5 years is specified for SC/ST/PHP applicants.
- Those who are completing their education will be considered for NIFT 2021.
For PG programs
- There is no scheme devised for age.
- For M.Des & M.F.M programs, the aspirants are attaining a bachelor’s degree from any institution/university approved by law in India.
- For the M.Tech program, the aspirant should be qualifying B.F.Tech from NIFT or B.E/B.Tech from any institution/university approved by law in India.
- Those who are yet to attain their standard will be considered for NIFT 2021.
Reservation of Seats
- Foreign nationals/ SAARC/NRI- 15% (supernumerary)
- OBC category- 27%
- ST category- 7.5%
- SC category- 15%
- PHP category- 3%
- State domicile- 20% (supernumerary)
NIFT 2021 Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: GAT will be held through offline mode (Paper Based Test) varying from courses to courses.
- Exam duration: The time limit (for B.Des & M.Des) and 3 hours (for B.F.Tech, M.F.Tech & MFM).
- Number of Questions: In GAT, there will be 100 objective questions for B .Des and 120 questions will be asked for M.Des.
- Language: The questions will be set in English only.
- Papers: For B.Des and M.Des, the exams will be classified as. CAT & GAT on the other hand for B.F.Tech, MFM & M.F.Tech only GAT will be held.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking in the exam.
Exam Pattern For B.Des & M.Des Courses:
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||15|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||15|
Exam Pattern For B.F.Tech, MFM & M.F.Tech Courses:
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|Quantitative Ability||30 (10 questions for MFM)|
|Communication Ability & English Comprehension||45 (50 questions for MFM)|
|Analytical & Logical Ability||25|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||25|
|Case Study||25 (40 questions for MFM)|
NIFT 2021 Syllabus
- NIFT syllabus for General Ability Test (GAT) comprises of Quantitative Ability, Communication Ability, Analytical Ability, English Comprehension, General Knowledge & Current Affairs for B.Des & M.Des courses.
- The syllabus of GAT for B.F.Tech, MFM, M.F.Tech comprises Analytical & Logical Ability, General Knowledge & Current Affairs & Case Study, Quantitative Ability, Communication Ability & English Comprehension.
- Creative Ability Test (CAT) for B.Des & M.Des tests involves the group discussion (GD) would comprise of a discussion on a case study.
- The innovative and creative ability of the candidates in designing while Situation test for B.Des candidates will evaluate the candidate’s skills for material handling and innovative ability.
NIFT 2021 Admit Card
- NIFT Admit card 2021 will be provided to the aspirants who have registered for the exam.
- Admit card will come around the last week of January 2021.
- It is necessary to carry admit card on the exam date.
NIFT 2021 Result
- The announcement of NIFT 2021 result will come after the exam and will be closed in the May/June 2021.
- The scorecard will be published by officials of NIFT.
- If you score good, you have a chance to get admission in chosen courses.
- The scores you might get in GAT, CAT and Situation Test will confirm the admission whereas M.Des result is made on GAT, CAT, GD/PI.
- The final result of MFM and M.F.Tech will be available as per GAT and GD/PI rounds.
NIFT 2021 Counselling
- The counseling is organized online official website of NIFT in the month of April/May 2021.
- Students get admission on the marks they secure in the exam.
- The students will require attending each of the counseling procedures along with documents for verification.
- NIFT 2021 counseling is held for filling up the seats in 16 campuses of National Institute of Fashion Technology.
- So, the student is expected to appear in the counseling if they want to get admitted in NIFT to pursue the courses.
NIFT Admission 2021
NIFT 2021 counseling will begin after the statement of the written test result. There will be different admission rounds organized, such as an interview, a group discussion, and a situation test.
Candidates must bring the required documents and photocopies at the time of admission. The seats will be assigned to the candidates according to the classification, the category, the availability of places and the performance in the admission tests.